Where can I rent a G43x with a Red Dot ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    I am considering adding a Red Dot to my G43x - but having never shot anything with a Red Dot I would like to Road Test before spending $$$

My options are:

Shield RMSc - Slide cut & Optic $ 550
    Holosun 507k - Slide cut & Optic $ 475
    or a New G43x MOS ( availability?? )
    G43x MOS w/ Shield RMSc $ 800 ?
    G43x MOS w/ Holosun 507k $725

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield

I would give the EPS a consideration as well, drop the Shield RMSc , Holosun is the undisputed best in class for CCW Pistol Sights IMHO (the K series for 365's/43's). Been to my fair share of rental ranges and I think finding one to rent will be difficult at best. Could you imagine how many guns a range would need to let people try all the red dots.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Range USA usually has a few pistols with red dots for rent. There is one in Merrillville. Might not have a G43x specifically, but would at least give you a chance to try a red dot to see if you like it, if you've never tried one before. Sure, there are little differences between the different brands and models, but a dot is basically a dot. See if you like the concept before thinking about which make or model of dot sight.

Personally, after trying a couple of different red dots on pistols, I found that iron night sights with a yellow dot up front are much more intuitive and natural for me. YMMV, of course.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I am considering adding a Red Dot to my G43x - but having never shot anything with a Red Dot I would like to Road Test before spending $$$

My options are:

Shield RMSc - Slide cut & Optic $ 550
    Holosun 507k - Slide cut & Optic $ 475
    or a New G43x MOS ( availability?? )
    G43x MOS w/ Shield RMSc $ 800 ?
    G43x MOS w/ Holosun 507k $725

You'd be welcome to shoot mine, but we're pretty far apart.

I like mine quite a bit. There is a learning curve with the dot. You have to alter your presentation a bit if you're used to a nose high push out to find the front sight quickly. Doing that with a dot, especially in a small window, will leave you fishing for it. Once you get the presentation down, though, its cheat mode.

Personally, after trying a couple of different red dots on pistols, I found that iron night sights with a yellow dot up front are much more intuitive and natural for me. YMMV, of course.

I think this is true for most everyone. The irons are more forgiving in variations of presentation. The dot has to be worked at and tweaks must be made. Like binge drinking, you won't be good at it the first time. :D In the end, if the advantages are worth the disadvantages is a question with a heavy 'it depends' sort of answer.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    May I ask why you went for the 43x over the 26 and also how you're liking it otherwise?

I have small hands - so the Single Stacks fit better

I got it a few years back before the MOS option was available - I see places advertising Slide Cuts for $ 175 ... but want to see how a red dot works for me first

It is a great gun - except for the trigger - but I have a replacement I just have to Install

grayishman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2022
    Too close to Gary
    I have small hands - so the Single Stacks fit better

I got it a few years back before the MOS option was available - I see places advertising Slide Cuts for $ 175 ... but want to see how a red dot works for be first

It is a great gun - except for the trigger - but I have a replacement I just have to Install
    Thank you for your succinct answer. I'm looking to replace my grandpa's old .38 snubby he left me with a baby Glock to go with my 17. Don't want to lose the heirloom in a worst case, you know? So your insight was really helpful there.

Best of luck in your search.

Top Bottom