• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I like this old Mod 27 in an El Paso saddlery holster.

HPIM4085.jpg

GGF

Very nice!!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Just got this rig complete...Turquoise and red coral belt buckle made by a Navajo (I think) who worked for my Great Aunt's store she had in Colorado making jewelry for the folk that came up to Green Mountain Falls back in the 70's...The belt is a Viking .22 L (wider belt) basket weave bought by my dad (as he said, "50 lbs ago") back in the early 1970's...The holster is a vintage Bianchi basketweave ca 1975 that came in the shop and went home with me...

The revolver is unique...No collector value (due to the non original finish) but a real jewel...A ca 1952 or so K 22 Combat Masterpiece that at some point in the early 70's was Armaloyed (very well done...Looks like stainless...) and finishing her off are a nice set of stag grips I picked up from a guy on the S&W forum a couple of years ago...With a Tyler T Grip of course...

I call it my "Backyard BBQ Gun".....I will shoot it for the first time this weekend as we explore the new property.....Here is her younger sister 18-2 that gets shot every weekend...

One's a little country and the other one is a little rock and roll....(Cue Donny and Marie...)

Last edited:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Just got this rig complete...Turquoise and red coral belt buckle made by a Navajo (I think) who worked for my Great Aunt's store she had in Colorado making jewelry for the folk that came up to Green Mountain Falls in Colorado back in the 70's...The belt is a Viking .22 L (wider belt) basket weave bought by my dad (as he said, "50 lbs ago) back in the early 1970's...The holster is a vintage Bianchi basketweave ca 1975 that came in the shop and went home with me...

The revolver is unique...No collector value (due to the non original finish) but a real jewel...A ca 1952 or so K 22 Combat Masterpiece that at some point in the early 70's was Armaloyed (very well done...Looks like stainless...) and finishing her off are a nice set of stag grips I picked up from a guy on the S&W forum a couple of years ago...With a Tyler T Grip of course...

I call it my "Backyard BBQ Gun".....I will shoot it for the first time this weekend as we explore the new property.....Here is her younger sister 18-2 that gets shot every weekend...

One's a little country and the other one is a little rock and roll....(Cue Donny and Marie...)

That beauty looks like it has lots of stories under its belt! Love the old wheel gun pics Rick, thanks for sharing!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Took this pic this am just to keep this thread alive....The darker grips on the Model 19 Smith were shiny white pearl last night...Then I poured a bourbon on the rocks, looked at the amber color of the bourbon, glanced again at the Smith with the pearly whites and thought......"Hmmm...Should I??? Nah...I can't do that...Or can I????"

Two Bourbons later I did it....(Amazing what two bourbons can do to one's self control....)

Yellow and antique brown leather dye and now I have one of a kind grips for my Model 19....They kind of look like amber...

I did the same treatment on the white fake ivory grips on the 18-2.....

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Took this pic this am just to keep this thread alive....The darker grips on the Model 19 Smith were shiny white pearl last night...Then I poured a bourbon on the rocks, looked at the amber color of the bourbon, glanced again at the Smith with the pearly whites and thought......"Hmmm...Should I??? Nah...I can't do that...Or can I????"

Two Bourbons later I did it....(Amazing what two bourbons can do to one's self control....)

Yellow and antique brown leather dye and now I have one of a kind grips for my Model 19....They kind of look like amber...

I did the same treatment on the white fake ivory grips on the 18-2.....

A lot of ideas have been generated by bourbon.

Top Bottom