Last edited:

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Bad gun show

This did yell TAKE ME HOME.S&W 29-2 1973 not a mark on it .S&W soft case .Wood presentation case, Original grips not shown .

Thanks DAVE
    But you cant find anything good at gun shows, right SNAP DRAGON ?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    This did yell TAKE ME HOME.S&W 29-2 1973 not a mark on it .S&W soft case .Wood presentation case, Original grips not shown .

Thanks DAVE
    But you cant find anything good at gun shows, right SNAP DRAGON ?

Right, Walt. Nothing good at those silly gun shows nowadays. Everyone should just stay away (so we can get all the good stuff).

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Had a shoot yesterday, rather than shooting one of my standard comp guns I decided to old school things and shot the 629 Mountain Gun I bought for my Dad years ago. Dad set this up more for carry than anything else and to lighten the gun he had the stainless cylinder replaced with a titanium cylinder. I shot some of his favorite reload 44 Specials in it and only had 1 miss during the pistol portion off the match on a steel plate (8 inch at about 15 yards). Easily went 6 for 6 on pepper poppers at about 20 yards. Every now and then I need to shoot some of my revolvers to remember just how much fun they are...

View attachment 41410

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Smith & wesson "I' frame snubbies

a 1950 "I" frame in 38 s&w ,and a 1953"I" frame in 32 long .finish worn ,mechanically perfect, great little shooters to add to the group.They are known as improved "I" because the main spring is of the coil type ,not leaf as in the older "I" frames

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    My apologies in advance for the cell phone pic. I promise a better shot of this soon. This S&W NM 66 Combat Magnum was recently completely torn down and re-assembled by me, with an outstanding glass bead refinish by ZR Tactical in Noblesville. The glass bead media was identical to what Smith & Wesson uses. I also had them install the HIVIZ front red sight. I upgraded this with a Wilson Combat mainspring using the 13# trigger return spring, and the trigger is smooth as silk.

Why the refinish on such a new gun? This was bought with the idea of me using it to learn how revolvers work, and that's exactly what I did. After a year+ of shooting and tinkering, I decided it was more than worth the effort to make it look new again.

SampW%20NM66%20Combat%20Magnum%2009.23.2015_zpsgiijf1ly.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    My apologies in advance for the cell phone pic. I promise a better shot of this soon. This S&W NM 66 Combat Magnum was recently completely torn down and re-assembled by me, with an outstanding glass bead refinish by ZR Tactical in Noblesville. The glass bead media was identical to what Smith & Wesson uses. I also had them install the HIVIZ front red sight. I upgraded this with a Wilson Combat mainspring using the 13# trigger return spring, and the trigger is smooth as silk.

Why the refinish on such a new gun? This was bought with the idea of me using it to learn how revolvers work, and that's exactly what I did. After a year+ of shooting and tinkering, I decided it was more than worth the effort to make it look new again.

SampW%20NM66%20Combat%20Magnum%2009.23.2015_zpsgiijf1ly.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

very nice!!!!!!.......looks great and i bet it shoots great!!!!:draw:

Top Bottom