• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    You arrange to make a deal for a firearm,2 mags, case, gear, holster and no ammo.

You inform the seller that you are short 10 dollars total. So you let him hold the holster for a day till you get the $10.

Mind you.the holster is one of the reasons you wanted this deal. It.was the.deal maker

Meet up exchange gun for money and remind him you will have.the.10 bucks.the next day.

The next day when you have the $10 he informs you he is keeping the holster.

What are your thoughts? What do you do? What do you do if its an ingo member?

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    A deal is a deal. Especially if you've already invested so much into it. I dont really know what I would do. Just ask him how he would have felt if the tables where turned.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    That's kinda bad juju to me, but then Im the give the shirt offy back kinda guy. I have a few ingo members whom I've told pay me back thay $10, $20,$30 when you can, no rush.

Just because you buy something different that fits an accessory you have already sold but still have is no reason to renig on a deal.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Mods can close. He responded and tried to blame it on me. So Im just going to leave Itrader negative. Not worth the hassel,

Every once in awhile when your a nice guy someone takes you for a sucker.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    You arrange to make a deal for a firearm,2 mags, case, gear, holster and no ammo.

You inform the seller that you are short 10 dollars total. So you let him hold the holster for a day till you get the $10.

Mind you.the holster is one of the reasons you wanted this deal. It.was the.deal maker

Meet up exchange gun for money and remind him you will have.the.10 bucks.the next day.

The next day when you have the $10 he informs you he is keeping the holster.

What are your thoughts? What do you do? What do you do if its an ingo member?

I am not trying to start anything but you didnt have ANYONE that couldve loaned you the additional $10? If any of my friends asked me for money, especially as little as $10, I would give it to them in exchange for letting me shoot their new firearm.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I am not trying to start anything but you didnt have ANYONE that couldve loaned you the additional $10? If any of my friends asked me for money, especially as little as $10, I would give it to them in exchange for letting me shoot their new firearm.

Come on, Mal. U know some of us don't have any friends. . . . .:(

Seriously tho', if it was agreed to as part of the deal beforehand, the seller needs to accept the cash and hand over the holster. To do otherwise is to be less than a stand up guy. Karma will come and visit.:twocents:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    The member in question has 39 posts... so... um...maybe you didn't want to bring this to the attention of the mods??
    Little bit of a SNAFU you put yourself in there, dude.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Come on, Mal. U know some of us don't have any friends. . . . .:(

Seriously tho', if it was agreed to as part of the deal beforehand, the seller needs to accept the cash and hand over the holster. To do otherwise is to be less than a stand up guy. Karma will come and visit.:twocents:

I am discovering that most people don't consider "their word" to mean anything. Just not how I was raised. Then again, I would give away ten whole dollars....:dunno:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    His posts shouldn't matter if what he is saying about the deal is true. Sounds like a pos seller.

Yes, they do matter.
    The owner of the site has placed a "50 count" rule in order to buy/sell/trade here.
    The OP disregarded the rule and so did the seller.

It's Fenway's rule and you're in his house.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Yes, they do matter.
    The owner of the site has placed a "50 count" rule in order to buy/sell/trade here.
    The OP disregarded the rule and so did the seller.

It's Fenway's rule and you're in his house.

Agree with this on one condition; it was advertised on INGO and sold as a result. If this was an outside deal then the fact he was a member really has no relevance.

If it was advertised and sold outside the rules of INGO suffer silently and don't give details to impugn the guilty party.

Personally if you make a deal you stand by it. But some people don't give their word as much weight as I give mine.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Agree with this on one condition; it was advertised on INGO and sold as a result. If this was an outside deal then the fact he was a member really has no relevance.

If it was advertised and sold outside the rules of INGO suffer silently and don't give details to impugn the guilty party.

Cliffs;

*Buyer places "WTB" ad stating "Cash in hand for..." five days ago.

*Between then and now, he closes that "WTB" thread (per rules of transaction closure).

*Buyer then starts this thread.

*Then asks mods to close it, while stating he was going to leave negative feedback on the seller's iTrader...which he did.

Sounds like somebody responded to his "WTB" to me, making it an INGO transaction ... :dunno: .
    But then, I did not stay in a Holiday Inn last night.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Cliffs;

*Buyer places "WTB" ad stating "Cash in hand for..." five days ago.

*Between then and now, he closes that "WTB" thread (per rules of transaction closure).

*Buyer then starts this thread.

*Then asks mods to close it, while stating he was going to leave negative feedback on the seller's iTrader...which he did.

Sounds like somebody responded to his "WTB" to me, making it an INGO transaction ... :dunno: .
    But then, I did not stay in a Holiday Inn last night.

Thanks for the short version!:rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom