• ...and so much more!
  • GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I've changed my EDC from a Springfield Champion to an M&P 9mm w a phylodog stippling job, TruGlo TFO sights, and an Apex FSS. I also throw in a 38 snubby from time to time... I'm still a huge fan of Comp-Tac hardware with a few Blackhawk mag carriers. For OWB, I'm looking at the 5.11 Thumbdrive holster. Tried one, but haven't carried with one all day.

Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    33mv90w.jpg

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Stippled Kahr CM9 w/ Pierce extension with a modified Shepherd holster. I modified the holster so I can get a better grip on the pistol, but what I didn't account for was that the pistol grip (which is Stippled and rough...) would then rub against my skin. For this reason I just wear a tanktop / 'wife beater' under a regular t-shirt and I'm good to go. That prevents it from rubbing.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Went full time to my G19 and relegated my 642 for backup duty (ankle glove) when I go out of town. Went from a Galco combat master to a Galco concealable for my 19. It has a more forward slant than the combat master. Still using my Serpa double mag carrier.

For evening or lazy weekend morning around the house, use a shoulder holster for above Glock.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Stippled Kahr CM9 w/ Pierce extension with a modified Shepherd holster. I modified the holster so I can get a better grip on the pistol, but what I didn't account for was that the pistol grip (which is Stippled and rough...) would then rub against my skin. For this reason I just wear a tanktop / 'wife beater' under a regular t-shirt and I'm good to go. That prevents it from rubbing.
    So all of the CM9 trouble you were having awhile back I think I remember got all worked out for the better??

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    So all of the CM9 trouble you were having awhile back I think I remember got all worked out for the better??

I guess. :)

With the range closest to me being closed all year I've honestly had very little range time, but I've put over 200, probably closer to 300 rounds through the Kahr so far and not one issue. The concerns I originally had with the polymer don't appear to have gotten worse, I cleaned that up and even after taking it out to a property where I can do some limited shooting it seems to be holding up fine. It's gone bang with every pull of the trigger so far, so that's good. I'm thinking the original wear I noted was probably due to me forcefully hand-racking the slide several hundred times to help break it in and doing it by pushing down on the slide as well as pulling it back. The wear may have been caused by me un-naturally moving the slide in the manner I was since there wouldn't be that downward force on it when the slide moves from firing anyhow. <shrugs>

I'm keeping an eye on it though.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I guess. :)

With the range closest to me being closed all year I've honestly had very little range time, but I've put over 200, probably closer to 300 rounds through the Kahr so far and not one issue. The concerns I originally had with the polymer don't appear to have gotten worse, I cleaned that up and even after taking it out to a property where I can do some limited shooting it seems to be holding up fine. It's gone bang with every pull of the trigger so far, so that's good. I'm thinking the original wear I noted was probably due to me forcefully hand-racking the slide several hundred times to help break it in and doing it by pushing down on the slide as well as pulling it back. The wear may have been caused by me un-naturally moving the slide in the manner I was since there wouldn't be that downward force on it when the slide moves from firing anyhow. <shrugs>

I'm keeping an eye on it though.

Good to hear! I like those guns

Shawn156

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Indiana
    I've seen a few Kahr handguns and wondered how well made they are. I may see if I can find one and borrow it for some range time. I am always open to new guns.

Top Bottom