• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StunnedMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    How reliably does it open? The biometric ones I've seen are sometimes a bit picky on the fingerprint and can take a few tries. I've got one of the gunvault 4 button's.

Same here. I was going to get a biometric one, but heard mixed reviews. I can open my 4-button one in less than 2 seconds with a combo that is simple to enter, but would be hard to guess. I'd guess I could open it nearly as fast as a biometric, especially if the biometric took two swipes.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I have a med-size gun vault on my bedside table.

GunVault MultiVault Deluxe GV2000S GV2000C-DLX | GunVault | GunVault Mine doesn't have the "courtesy light" in it. Didn't want it since I planned to leave it open all night.

It holds three holstered guns. (1 FS on the top shelf - two tiny ones on the bottom shelf)

Not any biometric crap on it. Just 4 buttons. I open it when I go to bed - and close it when I wake up. Why waste time attempting to push buttons in a panic situation?

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?

Man, I thought I was the only one who had that dream! Except right when all the women are gonna finally reach me my mother-in-law appears and shakes her finger at me "no-no-no...not as long as you are married to my daughter!" POP!!!

Mine? pistol or revolver of the week- tucked into a reachable-from-bed spot. Also with an old school 4 D cell maglight that could be used as a head whacker.

...stuck at home with surly teens and cracking the whip! Snow day, again

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I always leave my Glock on the night stand when I sleep, one in the tube ready to go. I woke up last night and my G23 was laying next to me in bed!!

Obviously you were dreaming about bedding an ugly girl. I'd guess she was short and a double-stacked. Full of plastic.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    No need to answer publicly, but if you aren't normally a sleep walker and have recently started taking any sleep medication be very careful. Ambien, Lunesta, etc. can really mess with your mind and you can do very complex tasks while asleep under their influence. Like drive. Or operate a gun. If you did recently start taking one of them, consider this a warning and realize you are probably safer without the gun immediately accessible to "sleep you".

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    My G17 is in bedside table chambered. I have to consciously open drawer and grab it. AR and shotgun is in locking vice next to table. I have to unlock them with key to have access. I don't think my sleeping "rolling" self can unlock them. But then again I don't "sleep roll". If you know me or my posts you'll get it...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I always leave my Glock on the night stand when I sleep, one in the tube ready to go. I woke up last night and my G23 was laying next to me in bed!! Scared the :poop::poop: out of me, as Lord only knows how I was grabbing it. I think from now on I will start leaving the chamber empty or putting it in the drawer.

Has anyone else ever had this happen before or am I just crazy?

Glocks can be dangerous in that situation...........:dunno:

BuckCreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    How reliably does it open? The biometric ones I've seen are sometimes a bit picky on the fingerprint and can take a few tries. I've got one of the gunvault 4 button's.

The one I have from 9G is very reliable. The only time I've noticed it didn't open when I swiped my finger, I had the finger on it's side. It has never opened with a finger that was not stored in it. I feel that it is extremely reliable. It has an AC plug and battery, it can run off of either, or both with the battery as a backup. If just on battery you have to wait a split second for the light to come on before you swipe, but other than that it works just as good on AC or battery. We have taken it with us when we travel. It also has a key backup. As for the battery I change it when I change the smoke detector batteries. I have a steel plate bolted to the floor that has bolts going up into the bottom and secured from inside, so it cannot be picked up off the floor without first being opened and the bolts being released. The plate is optional when you buy it.

BuckCreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Same here. I was going to get a biometric one, but heard mixed reviews. I can open my 4-button one in less than 2 seconds with a combo that is simple to enter, but would be hard to guess. I'd guess I could open it nearly as fast as a biometric, especially if the biometric took two swipes.

I had thought about getting one with buttons, but ones like the simplex locks with 5 buttons can be guess by brute force in 10 minutes. I had initially looked into the simplex because it did not require battery or AC. I felt the AC with battery and key backup was a good compromise for more security. Not to mention I don't have to think about punching in a combination after waking up in a panic / emergency situation with the biometric. All I have to do is get one of my fingers swiped across the scanner and the door pops open.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I dont think having a manual safety on the weapon is gonna make any difference, since, if your doing this in your sleep, your calling up the process youve taught yourself, and If you carry a firearm with a manual safety, I hope your drilling it into your head, to sweep that safety off, if not, you got bigger problems.

Top Bottom