• ...and so much more!
  • Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    So i helped a buddy move a freezer out of a basement for his cattle farmer grandpa. His grandpa paid me with an 8lb bone in black angus ribeye roast. Its a good cut and i dont know what to do with it. Im going to cook it and eat it obviously but how.... what says ingo?
    Slice it into some big thick steaks and grill?
    Crockpot roast?

I DONT HAVE A SMOKER, otherwise the answer would be clear.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Prime rib it is then. Idk why that never crossed my mind. Ill get it unwrapped to dry when i get back home.
    I'd buy a Weber kettle just to give that baby a touch of smoke on it's slow rise to perfection. Once Christmas is over I'd still have a Weber kettle. Just sayin....
    I have the original style Webber charcoal grill. Should i sear it in that or just toss it on for a bit. Also ive never tried smoking anything on it, do i just throw some chips in with the charcoal or it’s there a proper technique?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Prime rib it is then. Idk why that never crossed my mind. Ill get it unwrapped to dry when i get back home.

I have the original style Webber charcoal grill. Should i sear it in that or just toss it on for a bit. Also ive never tried smoking anything on it, do i just throw some chips in with the charcoal or it’s there a proper technique?
    Post #8 is a charcoal grill.

This is Weber specific. You can use a couple bricks to contain the charcoal if you don't have something like the Slow n Sear.

Jon Smith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2021
    Warsaw
    Nah, you are all wrong.
    Just wrap it in some butcher paper, stick in in the fridge and I can come and get that nasty thing out of your hair! :)

Merry Christmas

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    This is Weber specific. You can use a couple bricks to contain the charcoal if you don't have something like the Slow n Sear.

Well crap, i need to find me one of those Slow n Sear baskets before this meats ready to cook. Also that thermometer app would be handy as hell.
    For the love of God, don't waste it in the crock pot.
    In my defense it probably would’ve made a dang good roast lol. But this is why i asked, so it’s done justice.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

Well crap, i need to find me one of those Slow n Sear baskets before this meats ready to cook. Also that thermometer app would be handy as hell.

In my defense it probably would’ve made a dang good roast lol. But this is why i asked, so it’s done justice.

Or a cheaper option.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If its the Weber bluetooth probe, Forget it. Stupid short range. Like 30' I had it on my back deck. I sat down on the couch and my phone chirped that it lost contact. Seriously? it was nearly line of sight.

But I needed one THAT DAY and thats the only one I could find on the shelf. Mine had fallen and broken the LCD and nobody told me. I had a turkey to roast for my extended family later that day.

This is what I had. Works awesome. Not sure about some of the other ones on there.

Amazon product ASIN B00004SZ10

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.

Or a cheaper option.

Depends on what i can find local.
    On a side note, find an Au Jus recipe and get yourself some quality horseradish.
    A nice baked potato on your plate will help soak up all that delicious blood of that half raw, primal carcass..............mmmmmmmmm!
    Agreed on everything but horseradish. Solid no on the horseradish, and i was thinking sweet potato.

Top Bottom