• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I have a tendency to park as far away from the store as possible (within reason) all the time. The one's that get me are the morons that feel compelled to block someone in that is straddling the lines OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE and then sit back and video the ensuing carnage for their youtube channel. I can't wait for the day someone deflates all of the tires of said douche nozzles oI'm the r climbs across the hoods of said vehicles to access theirs and then quietly drive off.
    I park away from stores too. I don't mind walking the extra distance, even in the winter. Although about a month ago I was going to Big Lots. I was crossing the road between the parking lot and the store. There is a car coming to my left. I felt there was plenty of time to get across. It appears the guy speeds up and pulls to within about 5 feet of me. I get onto the sidewalk and look at the guy, didn't say anything. But I give him one of those WTF looks. He rolls down his window and yells at me to use the crosswalk??? There is no crosswalk. People.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I park away from stores too. I don't mind walking the extra distance, even in the winter. Although about a month ago I was going to Big Lots. I was crossing the road between the parking lot and the store. There is a car coming to my left. I felt there was plenty of time to get across. It appears the guy speeds up and pulls to within about 5 feet of me. I get onto the sidewalk and look at the guy, didn't say anything. But I give him one of those WTF looks. He rolls down his window and yells at me to use the crosswalk??? There is no crosswalk. People.
    I think I might have made a smartass comment to that, like, "Um, just which crosswalk would that be?" And then watch him slink off. :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What would you do if that same person routinely ran stop signs in the parking lot in front of the exit doors?
    What should I do? Run them down? Throw ballbearings at them. Pull a gun on them? Sic the dogs on them? Kidnap their firstborn? What is within my legal rights to do?

What would I do? I guess I’d tell the store manager and maybe call the police. This is truly not my responsibility to solve. Vigilante movies are fun to watch, but I don’t seriously want to be one.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    What should I do? Run them down? Throw ballbearings at them. Pull a gun on them? Sic the dogs on them? Kidnap their firstborn? What is within my legal rights to do?

What would I do? I guess I’d tell the store manager and maybe call the police. This is truly not my responsibility to solve. Vigilante movies are fun to watch, but I don’t seriously want to be one.
    D4F245CF-15C2-4F8B-A754-D3905D218E9C.jpeg

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

You comment seemed to throw cold water on the whole concept of citizenry rising up to put a stop to an unsafe ass hat. Maybe i misread your post. Certainly you don't support unsafe ass hats breaking traffic laws near children?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You comment seemed to throw cold water on the whole concept of citizenry rising up to put a stop to an unsafe ass hat. Maybe i misread your post. Certainly you don't support unsafe ass hats breaking traffic laws near children?
    I don’t support unsafe asshats breaking traffic laws. I don’t support vigilantism either. When we start talking about ways to use ballbearings, maybe it’s time for a bit of cold water.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Pretty sure the ball bearings bit was in jest. At least thats how I took it. No sane person today would do that.

Closest I came to that was tossing an empty water bottle out my sunroof. (10 years ago)

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Pretty sure the ball bearings bit was in jest. At least thats how I took it. No sane person today would do that.

Closest I came to that was tossing an empty water bottle out my sunroof. (10 years ago)

French fry covered in ketchup out the sun roof or window. If it hits the windshield of the car behind you they slow down pretty quick. No damage (well maybe to undergarments) but it does work. Ask me how I know (I was in the lead car)!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Well, that’s how I took it at first, and then the personal testimonies come out and then it doesn’t sound so jesty.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well, that’s how I took it at first, and then the personal testimonies come out and then it doesn’t sound so jesty.
    The key to Jesty-ness is whether you plan to actually act out on said offensive acts. I LOLed and thought "Clever. Man, that sucked for the trailing car. But that's not my bag. So I'll laugh at it and move on. " You know, kinda like the calls here for "SSS". We can laugh at it while at the same time say "Funny AF. But Dayum! If that dude is serious, that is SERIOUSLY F'd up!"

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I'd follow the lead of the cops on this one. Asshat people tend to be their own karma. From the description of his kid, sounds like he already is.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Love the ball bearing reference.
    No we were never vigilantes in my mind.
    But I tend to agree to a point.
    That our society seems to experience more and more and more of this behavior from douche bags and ass hats is why we are seeing more retaliation from folks that are just fed up.
    Not double park stuff either. Well unless it’s up front. :):

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Shunning and the "Cut Direct" are legal and appropriate responses.
    Find out where he works and find creative ways to do this.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The key to Jesty-ness is whether you plan to actually act out on said offensive acts. I LOLed and thought "Clever. Man, that sucked for the trailing car. But that's not my bag. So I'll laugh at it and move on. " You know, kinda like the calls here for "SSS". We can laugh at it while at the same time say "Funny AF. But Dayum! If that dude is serious, that is SERIOUSLY F'd up!"
    Well, sure. People blow off steam. Seemed like it was getting kind of serious. Like when I get scolded for not being with the program.

Top Bottom