• ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Here's a Pump for you.

Franchi SPAS 15

It's also a Semi-Auto. Best of both worlds.

spas15-1_zpse4ee036e.jpg

SPAS15folder_zps1b8edbca.jpg

Well - You didn't say How Much. :D

Go with the -

Remington 870
    Mossberg 500 or 590

Can't go wrong with all the parts and accessories that are available.

Snavelybob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    Lol I bought one for 350.00 a mosberg 5500 mk2 It will not cycle!!!! High brass low brass oo buckshot to 7 1/2 I really like the gun but I want to shoot!!! Gonna trade it off

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I guess that I need more info. I could just give my favorite but it does depend on your intended use.
    For bird hunting I use a Browning A-5, rabbits and deer I use an 870 w/extra barrels.
    Turkeys I use a Mossy 500 with turkey choke. Even called in and killed a few Yotes with it.
    I have an Ithaca 37 LW next to the bed I've had for decades that's the fastest pump around except for an old Winchester Model 12 that my dad had. It's put away not to be used anymore.
    I have a Citori for clay birds and doves.
    Your intended use is important in chosing a shotgun.

fnl388w

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Gary
    Benelli Novas are sweet shooters. I like mine for trap/skeet and bird/turkey. A tad pricey but you will not be dissapointed!

halfmileharry is correct in saying you need to define what you intentions will be with a shotgun.

Let us know what you get!

IndianaDave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    I've been stuck on Ithaca Model 37's since I got my first one at the age of 12. They're still my favorite 45 years later. Just my 2 cents. I also like Winchester Model 12's, but they're quite a bit heavier.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    +halfmileharry! The use of many different styles is dependant on the application. One size does not fit all!
    For birds and small game: Winchester 1400 Semi Auto.
    For Deer: NEF Pardner Pump, Moss 500
    For House Defense: Interarms 20ga SxS (dbl bbl), or NEF Pardner 12 ga.
    Wifey handles the SxS easily. (truly a farm defense firearm, but have used it deer hunting with slugs) Coach style w/ rabbit ears.

Agree also with the REM 870, not a bad choice, ever.

tohm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    Lowell
    A lot as others have mentioned depends on use. The Remington 870 seems to be the small block chevy of shotguns. Kind of does it all is there better yes. Will it do about anything yes can you buy accessories YES. But again without specific use it is hard to justify spending more than you can get a new or used 870 for.

Snavelybob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    This is my first shotgun.. Lol I have an arsenal of many calibers, short guns long guns and rifles...
    I went shooting with my boss and shot some clays!! I fell in love!! Plus I need a break from the 223/556 ammo drama. Shotguns weren't affected!!!
    I want it for dependability and versatility. Let me know what barrels I should need and any input you can. I need to be educated!!

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    This is my first shotgun.. Lol I have an arsenal of many calibers, short guns long guns and rifles...
    I went shooting with my boss and shot some clays!! I fell in love!! Plus I need a break from the 223/556 ammo drama. Shotguns weren't affected!!!
    I want it for dependability and versatility. Let me know what barrels I should need and any input you can. I need to be educated!!
    You'd probably do fine with an 870 with the interchangeable choke system for it. RemChoke? I think they call it.
    Always shoot test patterns with different shells to find what your barrel/choke combo likes the best if you want the best results.
    It makes a HUGE difference in matching up your shells/chokes/use.
    I prefer the WingMasters/standard 870 over the Express personally but I hear a lot of good things about the Express too. I don't own one anymore. I bought one years ago and it almost immediately showed surface rust on it after one day's wet hunting.

bowtie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    South Bend
    This video will clearly explain why you should go with a 500/590 over an 870

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL1-YikvzwY[/ame]

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom