What options are out there for an IWB tuckable fixed blade?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've never had a fixed blade EDC. If I were to go this route, it'd have to be tuckable. With that in mind is there more to it than finding the right sheath with belt loops that allow tucking like it's pistol counterpart? I've got an esee izula 2 that I'm thinking about using for this.

If you EDC a fixed blade in a tuckable setup, I'd like to know what you setup and why.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I carry a 5&1/4" Winkler Spike with sculpted handles but had to switch to OWB as I am currently experiencing a case of grandpa gut as I am on sick leave laying around trying to heal. I have a Winkler Operator with shorter blade that I could carry IWB but it would be a major pain to take off of my vest.

The main thing is finding a spot so you can develope a good grip for the draw without cutting yourself. It happens.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I carry a 5&1/4" Winkler Spike with sculpted handles but had to switch to OWB as I am currently experiencing a case of grandpa gut as I am on sick leave laying around trying to heal. I have a Winkler Operator with shorter blade that I could carry IWB but it would be a major pain to take off of my vest.

The main thing is finding a spot so you can develope a good grip for the draw without cutting yourself. It happens.
    Cutting myself on the draw is something I've been concerned with.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Are you wanting a strict self defense tool or utilitarian like the knife you have now? There are ways of converting ESEE by purchasing loops and Chicago screws / nuts. 20220321_192311.jpg

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Are you wanting a strict self defense tool or utilitarian like the knife you have now? There are ways of converting ESEE by purchasing loops and Chicago screws / nuts.
    I'm not thinking strictly a self defense tool, but something that can be used in that capacity for sure. I'm not thinking about a strictly utilitarian blade either. I was throwing out an izulla II as something I would strongly consider as fitting into both the categories but not really perfect at either.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Tried a few methods, including the horizontal that this knife/sheath came with from the factory. None worked for me.

Ended up going with it as neck knife. EDC for 3-4 years now...

20220220_225724.jpg

Random_71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Fort Wayne
    While I love fixed blades, I dont normally do IWB. I normally carry a full size in horizontal small of back. However I often carry a smaller knife (or two) as well.
    Only my CRKT Obake is set to do tuckable although it doesn't have straps, just a static line. I normally pocket carry it on the line but have done tucked IWB with it in the past. Coworkers sometimes give me **** about carrying a steak knife when I use it lol.
    With enough line (factory length is good) it clears the belt line (and you) before it begins to pull clear of the sheath.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Here is my Burnley that has my spec'd longer length blade. My favorite color is orange. 20220330_225054.jpg 20220330_225035.jpg

As you can see, it is IWB with a rip action leaving the sheath behind like a dangler. I have a Pohan Leu around here somewhere that is massive but it is IWB rip action. I'll try to find it.

Random_71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Fort Wayne
    Here is my Burnley that has my spec'd longer length blade. My favorite color is orange. View attachment 191948 View attachment 191949

As you can see, it is IWB with a rip action leaving the sheath behind like a dangler. I have a Pohan Leu around here somewhere that is massive but it is IWB rip action. I'll try to find it.

That is sweet. How long is the blade on that? The design looks better with more blade. Mine isnt the Tini, but the black/red with satin blade.

Top Bottom