• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    The wife will buy Red Gold because of the Hoosier farmer thing. I like Heinz. She doesn't use ketchup. I really like it. I used to get a bottle of Brooks for a change every now and then but they must have changed the recipe as it wasn't that good that last I got it.

Agree that ketchup doesn't go on a hot dog, that is mustard and pickle relish (or sauerkraut) if available (usually isn't).
    We've been living on a stash of Heinz that I bought last year before they changed their formula. I haven't tried the new stuff, and I'm half scared to do so. :(

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I'm waiting for the first tard that comes in and says they refuse to buy heinz because of john kerry.

:popcorn:

I used to work at a place in Pennsylvania (Heinz factory is in Pittsburgh). We had Heinz products in our cafeteria until John Kerry ran for office. Not sure if it was desire to remain politically "neutral" or a slight toward the Heinz family, but either way it conspicuously changed to Hunts.

I am not a ketchup eater and have no personal brand, but if presented with two choices, I would probably choose the non-Heinz brand now. Just like I buy American--on the few occassions that I actually have a choice....

People can claim whatever politics they want, but until they put their money where their mouth is (pun intended? you decide), it means nothing. The Left is really good at boycotting businesses with conservative views which is one reason why the vocal minority gets their way so often.

You can say someone is a "tard" for practicing what they preach, but I would say that "more is the tard that provides material support for the opposition."

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I hate it when you go to a cookout and there is no ketchup. I personally buy ketchup by the case! Red Gold is the only way to go. Recently I have been using a lot of jalapeno ketchup called Mama Selita's Sauce that is made by Red Gold just to add a little zip.

Who here loves Ketchup and what brand do you buy???

We do Heinz because Sam's sells big jugs. Mama Selita's is good too, have a bottle in the fridge.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Anything that is close to red in color and does not have an odor that makes me want to puke when I take off the cap. I used to like Brooks years ago, but after a friend who actually worked in a tomato processing plant told me that the spicier the ketchup/catsup, the more rotten and lower quality the tomatoes that go into the mix.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Anything that is close to red in color and does not have an odor that makes me want to puke when I take off the cap. I used to like Brooks years ago, but after a friend who actually worked in a tomato processing plant told me that the spicier the ketchup/catsup, the more rotten and lower quality the tomatoes that go into the mix.

I don't know where your friend worked but I can assure you that this doesn't happen at RedGold. If we EVER opened a bin of tomato paste and it was discolored or anything less than perfect it was rejected and later destroyed.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    Brooks has been my ketchup since childhood.
    brooks2.jpg

Top Bottom