• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    After 10 years in the USAF and 7 years in the Reserves and Army National Guard I'm searching for a career with the help of the VA.

zz502

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2008
    steel fab. dirty nasty job but i like it. plus family business so more perks than the norm.

Pete-FWA

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    JC, have you considered law enforcement? I know many departments/agencies are very eager to welcome those with military backgrounds.

Another major field that will be relatively stable in this country is medicine. It has all kinds of possibilities from acute care, skilled nursing, physician office/clinic settings, insurance/billing/coding, sales of devices and products, security, and various types of administration that runs the business side of things.

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    JC, have you considered law enforcement? I know many departments/agencies are very eager to welcome those with military backgrounds.

Another major field that will be relatively stable in this country is medicine. It has all kinds of possibilities from acute care, skilled nursing, physician office/clinic settings, insurance/billing/coding, sales of devices and products, security, and various types of administration that runs the business side of things.

Law Enforcement was my lifetime dream, but too old now.

Medical Administration was my position in the Air Force. While I enjoyed that to a degree, I would like to get more into a technical field. The VA are doing their best to put me in a field that would interest me and I could succeed in.

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Law Enforcement was my lifetime dream, but too old now.

Medical Administration was my position in the Air Force. While I enjoyed that to a degree, I would like to get more into a technical field. The VA are doing their best to put me in a field that would interest me and I could succeed in.

I went to Technical College with several Disabled Vets.
    Drafting and Design is an excellent field and ITT and Devry both have excellent local programs.
    Most companies use CAD programs and there are several career paths.
    Mechanical, Architectural, Electro Mechanical, Electrical.

Top Bottom