• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Becoming Sig 365xl and that is surprising to me. Being a full size gun guy, 1911 full size 45acp or 6in GP100 or 6in Blackhawk 357.

yanmarguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2024
    Bloomington
    Kahr p9 is currently what I have next to my chair while I watch tv. Love everything about it! Buttery smooth trigger and it has an excellent compact feel to it. Cycles very well and haven't had any misfires yet..

Attachments

• 1707795295793547647217096372288.jpg
      1707795295793547647217096372288.jpg
      344.1 KB · Views: 3

yanmarguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2024
    Bloomington
    shield plus. not perfect, but decent all around
    I really want to love the shield, but it just seems like the grip is a little pointy on the front and back compared to others. It makes it feel so skinny that I just can't warm up to it. Maybe it's just me. If it was slightly more blunt or squared on the grip I think it would be a fantastic daily carry. I feel like Smith & Wesson needs to do a revamp on their polymer handguns. I don't think they have had a change in quite a while. I do however have a CSX and enjoy it.

penguinship

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2020
    Bloomington
    I feel like Smith & Wesson needs to do a revamp on their polymer handguns. I don't think they have had a change in quite a while.
    per google, the shield plus came out in 21 and the m&p 2 in 17 (which, admittedly, is 7 years ago at this point). I suppose 'a while' is subjective, but on the other hand, I don't think they'd change the grips much - I think it's part of the identity of the gun.

With that said, the VP9/PPQ grips are some of the most comfortable I've held. I generally don't like finger grooves, but those are done right.

yanmarguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2024
    Bloomington
    per google, the shield plus came out in 21 and the m&p 2 in 17 (which, admittedly, is 7 years ago at this point). I suppose 'a while' is subjective, but on the other hand, I don't think they'd change the grips much - I think it's part of the identity of the gun.

With that said, the VP9/PPQ grips are some of the most comfortable I've held. I generally don't like finger grooves, but those are done right.
    Certainly nothing against the M&P, but I feel like they are getting a little stagnant with the overall look. I realize you can make the case for any brand, but if you stop at any pawn shop or gun store, I feel that you are more likely to find more used M&P models than anything else. Just my experience of course

yanmarguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2024
    Bloomington

Now as far as the second part of your response, I could not agree with you more. I feel like when it comes to ergonomics Walther is ahead of the game most of the time. They seem to always have a fantastic grip regardless of the model, however I believe the vp9 as well as the PPQ both have great ergonomics. I am mixed on finger grooves as well. I personally don't like the look of them, but they can be a make or break sometimes. I'm not really sure why Glock went away from that, because I feel like it definitely assisted with the grip but I guess they have to have something new to sell you right LOL. I haven't personally held one, but the PDP visually looks amazing. I am anxious to pick up a compact version if I can find a decent deal at some point.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    I really want to love the shield, but it just seems like the grip is a little pointy on the front and back compared to others. It makes it feel so skinny that I just can't warm up to it. Maybe it's just me. If it was slightly more blunt or squared on the grip I think it would be a fantastic daily carry. I feel like Smith & Wesson needs to do a revamp on their polymer handguns. I don't think they have had a change in quite a while. I do however have a CSX and enjoy it.
    Agree with detail. I used very fine sandcloth and the grip felt sharp in web of my hand. Slight sand down both front and back till smoother hand palm. The factory knurling is very good, but felt sharp. It is working better now. No major discolor, so leaving it alone.

yanmarguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2024
    Bloomington
    Agree with detail. I used very fine sandcloth and the grip felt sharp in web of my hand. Slight sand down both front and back till smoother hand palm. The factory knurling is very good, but felt sharp. It is working better now. No major discolor, so leaving it alone.
    I was more soaked referring to the shape of the oval of the grip. I feel that the oval is just much too pointed compared to others that typically have a more flat front and back to them. Still very skinny but a little more blunt on the ends. Maybe I just haven't handled one long enough but it just didn't feel very good to me anyway. I'm also comparing them to a kahr which I feel like is one of the best options out there so maybe I'm just biased.

yanmarguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2024
    Bloomington
    Do you by chance have photos of the sanding you did on your shield? I would be interested in seeing what exactly the outcome was on that modification. Did you have to add anything to it after you were done like Talon grips or some kind of aftermarket add-on?

BC9

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Fishers
    I carried my Ruger Security 9 until my table saw messed up my shootin' hand. I've had several 9mm's over the years and the Security 9 is by far my favorite. Near perfect fit and feel and I could hit pretty much anything I took aim at.

yanmarguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2024
    Bloomington
    I carried my Ruger Security 9 until my table saw messed up my shootin' hand. I've had several 9mm's over the years and the Security 9 is by far my favorite. Near perfect fit and feel and I could hit pretty much anything I took aim at.
    Uhh table saw???? Dare I ask to hear that story???? Lol.....

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    G23 for carry.
    For home protection, I like having a streamlight. I can see trajectory, and I feel like it's an advantage keeping my eyes on multiple intruders.

Top Bottom