• What is your blood type?

• Total voters

MangoTango

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Anytime labs will run any test you want and they are very reasonable they have a lab on each side of indy. In addition my yearly diabetes work up use to cost over $500 when they did it at the hospital, at Anytime lab it cost $86!

Zombie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 14, 2009
    Danville
    Someone's got some splainen to do!:xmad: I go next monday for INR-will ask them point blank how much would it cost to type me. If they still will not do it-I will check out some of the leads provided here. Thanks Again:yesway:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If you give your blood you will have those tests done for free.
    They will find out your blood type and check for a bunch of diseases like AIDS and others.
    A AIDS test alone will cost you quite a bit if you go to a private lab.
    If they find anything bad a doctor will get back to you, and of course they will not use your blood.
    I dont see why some people refuse to give their blood, other than if you have some health problems.
    If you get in a car accident you will be glad that the local hospital has enough blood to save your life.

bradw266

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    My blood type is on my dog tags (although that's from a while back :)) If you served, and you can find your tags, you may be able to find out your blood type from them.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    My blood type is on my dog tags (although that's from a while back :)) If you served, and you can find your tags, you may be able to find out your blood type from them.

If you dont know your blood type maybe your parents know.Usually kids are tested to know their blood type when they are very young and parents know that.
    That could be another way to know. :dunno:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    If you give your blood you will have those tests done for free.
    They will find out your blood type and check for a bunch of diseases like AIDS and others.
    A AIDS test alone will cost you quite a bit if you go to a private lab.
    If they find anything bad a doctor will get back to you, and of course they will not use your blood.
    I dont see why some people refuse to give their blood, other than if you have some health problems.
    If you get in a car accident you will be glad that the local hospital has enough blood to save your life.

The last time I tried to donate, the Red Cross denied me because of my time serving in Germany. They said something about the fresh meat that is purchased from butchers. I didn't like being told I couldn't donate. I haven't tried since.

If you dont know your blood type maybe your parents know.Usually kids are tested to know their blood type when they are very young and parents know that.
    That could be another way to know. :dunno:

I think mine is listed on my birth certificate along with that of both my parents' blood type as well.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The last time I tried to donate, the Red Cross denied me because of my time serving in Germany. They said something about the fresh meat that is purchased from butchers. I didn't like being told I couldn't donate. I haven't tried since.

That's true that they keep people from donating by doing things like that.
    Same way they ask you if you are homosexual and if you answer yes they will refuse your blood.:rolleyes:
    Which is really stupid, even though you have more chance to have AIDS when you are homosexual you can also get it when you are heterosexual, and they test everybody for AIDS anyway.
    And of course lots of gay people dont have AIDS and have to lie about their sexuality in order to give blood.
    Maybe you could tried to donate to someone other than the Red Cross.
    Im not sure how it works in the US since I have done all my donations in France, and it was not to the Red Cross.
    I donate to the EFS which is the French National Blood Service.
    So not sure what other services you have in the US.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    tumblr_la4aoxRyyy1qakgigo1_500.jpg

It's funny, in Japan blood type is one of the popular data on singles sites and whatnot. I've had a lot of blood tests, but never thought to ask, so I can't say.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    o+, i am also one of those who found out in bio class. haven't donated in quite some time, but i was always one to sign up during blood drives, and i used to sell plasma quite a bit while i was in college.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Ordered myself one of those tests, now I can find out :)

:rockwoot:

Make sure that you know the blood type of your loved ones too, wife, gf, kids etc.
    That could be useful in emergency situations.
    You can also find out if you can give them blood or not and if they can give you blood or not.
    I dont know how long they take to make the test to find out the blood type at the hospital but knowing the person's type could save precious minutes.
    I know that they use type O on everybody when they dont know the type anyway.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw

I have the same problem. U.S. Military personnel who served in Europe in the 80's, were exposed to Mad Cow Disease through meat sold in the commissaries. It has been 28 years since I left the U.K. but I still cannot donate blood.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I have read about that, if you lived over 5 years in Europe since 1980 you cannot give blood in the US I think.
    That's ridiculous.

Since I lived over 25 years in France I guess I cant give blood in the US.
    Even though I can give my blood in France without any problem, they did all the tests and I have my donor card and all. :dunno:

I bet many healthy people would like to give their blood to save lives but cant because of such stupid rules. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom