What is the Best Handgun that you had a chance to shoot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    S&W Performance Center 686 Hunter. One of the early PC models for Lew Horton. One of 300 made. Super solid lock-up, 2 1/2# single action, 3 1/2# double action and the classic "breaking glass" trigger.

Wait Wait Wait! Okay, I will admit to that! :D That or your CZ .22 rifle, picking off .40 brass at 50 yards, giggling like a school girl.

Now, I will admit to one gun that I tuned with springs and stoning jig: Hemicharger's Smith 686: "Sorrow's Repite": A single action that will react to a heartbeat, THAT is a gun! :D

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    The best shooting handgun I've shot was an FN5.7. I don't
    think I would invest in one, but it's most accurate semi auto
    pistol I've operated.Fast, reliable and it's like shooting a
    Ruger Mark 22 cal.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    absolutely my raging bull 44 magnum. Absolute tack driver. I can honestly say I put holes through holes at 25 feet. I've never done that with any other gun! Obviously, it was the gun, not me. :-) Gotta love an 8" barrel :-)

Lanser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Evansville
    Selection's limited, but I'll go with the Beretta 92.

Big and heavy, yes, but a sweet shooter, a real looker, and my all-around best performance.

SootKing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    not tellin
    Selection's limited, but I'll go with the Beretta 92.

Big and heavy, yes, but a sweet shooter, a real looker, and my all-around best performance.

yup...its my only pistol but ive shot a lot of others and this one has the best feel and not to mention looks...:ar15:

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Subjective, but I'll go with this list

1. S&W 629 .44 Mag with full house hunting loads. What a monster.
    2. Glock 20C 10mm with 3.5lb trigger job. First Glock experience. Put me off of them for a while but I got used to it and got reasonably proficient.
    3. Para Carry 12 LDA .45. Had never shot a .45, let alone a compact .45. Put six rounds in a 2 inch circle at 21 ft.
    4. S&W 4043, DAO. Not an expensive or rare piece but has one of the sweetest DAO triggers I've handled on an auto and it soaked up virtually all of the .40S&W snap.
    5. Desert Eagle in .44 Mag
    6. Desert Eagle in 50AE

Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    I have not had a chance to shoot any of the high end custom jobs, so I don't know about them. So I will have to say the best one I have shot was a CZ-75B. It was nothing to pick off clay pigeons at 50 yards. Up closer in the 7-15 yard range, on paper targets, it was simply a tack driver.

Back when I was just a pup, I was at an indoor range with a buddy plinking away with our 22's. In walks a guy with a brief case full of ammo, an Air- Weight S&W and a Colt 1911. I do not remember specifically what model that 1911 was, but I shot "lights out" with that thing. Just felt "right" in my hands. I may put that in as best if I knew the details of it.

Top Bottom