• Which is better?

• Total voters

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    M&P for ergonomics and Glock for trigger = Walther PPQ. Better ergos than the M&P and better trigger than the Glock.

I absolutely HATE the silly trigger guard mag release, and have completely dismissed any thought of walther because of it. I see the 2013 PPQ has finally gone to a traditional button release, so if that design sticks around and proves itself to be on par with Glock and M&P for several years, I might reconsider looking at them.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I absolutely HATE the silly trigger guard mag release, and have completely dismissed any thought of walther because of it. I see the 2013 PPQ has finally gone to a traditional button release, so if that design sticks around and proves itself to be on par with Glock and M&P for several years, I might reconsider looking at them.

I happen to really like it. It is VERY functional. One swipe of my trigger finger and the magazine is dropped. Yes, they changed it to the button release this year...seems to be pretty popular with folks who can't stomach the idea of having a paddle mag release. Don't knock it if you haven't tried it.

Tacti-cool folk will say that they get used to a "certain platform" and the paddle release screws up their mechanics. I understand that; however, I have dozens of guitars that are all set up differently, some similarly, but I can grab one off of the rack and immediately adjust. I type at several different keyboards during the day and immediately adjust. When I take my SIGs, HK and Walther out to the range, I immediately adjust...the same for when I switch from AR to AK platforms. I immediately adjust when I jump from my MINI to my Silverado, from a 6-wheeled dump truck to a backhoe...

Any decent operator can adjust almost immediately to whatever is in his/her hand. I'm not completely sold on the "mechanics is completely different from everything else" argument. I had a P22 that had the paddle mag release, I have a H&K P30 that has the paddle mag release, and now the Walther. The PPQ is the best one I've used, as it is easily accessible to my trigger finger and allows my grip to remain firm on the firearm.

patricktjms

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Springport, Indiana
    Glock. It just fit my hand better. Thats why I bought my first one, and thats why I kept buying them. I desperately wanted to like the M&P better but in the end, the glock is the better fit for MY hand.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have both a Glock and M&P at home. Lets break it down.

Taking into account all aspects of a pistol:

Value - Glock - Better value because they are more easily found, parts are plentiful, holsters are plentiful, magazines are plentiful. All of the local shops stock Glocks and Glock accessories. In contrast try finding an M&P mag right now.

Reliability - Tie - Both are rock solid

Aesthetics - M&P - M&P looks great. The Glock is a soulless hunk of plastic.

Trigger - Glock - It is actually an embarrassment that Smith & Wesson can produce a gun with such a bad factory trigger. Yes it can be fixed, but that requires aftermarket parts. What I am comparing here are factory stock guns.

Warranty - ???? - Never had one break. I have sent a couple of guns back to Smith & Wesson and they were great to work with.

Durability - Glock - Not that the M&P is bad or worse. But is it possible to improve upon the service life of a Glock? I think the gun has survived every torture test conceived.

Ergonomics - M&P - This is where the M&P really shines. The block is...........nevermind

Longevity - Glock - Been around since the 80s

Accuracy - ???Glock??? - This is completely subjective to the end user. Personally I do not consider my M&P9 to be particularly accurate. In contrast I had a Glock 35 that was crazy accurate. What I am talking about here is off the bench 15 - 30 yard put it on paper accuracy. But this is a pretty poor comparison to say without a doubt the Glock is more accurate.

My Vote Goes to the Glock!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I happen to really like it. It is VERY functional. One swipe of my trigger finger and the magazine is dropped. Yes, they changed it to the button release this year...seems to be pretty popular with folks who can't stomach the idea of having a paddle mag release. Don't knock it if you haven't tried it.

Tacti-cool folk will say that they get used to a "certain platform" and the paddle release screws up their mechanics. I understand that; however, I have dozens of guitars that are all set up differently, some similarly, but I can grab one off of the rack and immediately adjust. I type at several different keyboards during the day and immediately adjust. When I take my SIGs, HK and Walther out to the range, I immediately adjust...the same for when I switch from AR to AK platforms. I immediately adjust when I jump from my MINI to my Silverado, from a 6-wheeled dump truck to a backhoe...

Any decent operator can adjust almost immediately to whatever is in his/her hand. I'm not completely sold on the "mechanics is completely different from everything else" argument. I had a P22 that had the paddle mag release, I have a H&K P30 that has the paddle mag release, and now the Walther. The PPQ is the best one I've used, as it is easily accessible to my trigger finger and allows my grip to remain firm on the firearm.

Calm down killer, I have tried them and its not my preference. Also, as I don't consider myself an "operator", I guess I'm not concerned if I'm viewed as a "decent" one.

I'm not trying to take your walthers away, just expressing why they aren't for me.

baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.

Value - Glock - Better value because they are more easily found, parts are plentiful, holsters are plentiful, magazines are plentiful. All of the local shops stock Glocks and Glock accessories. In contrast try finding an M&P mag right now.

Trigger - Glock - It is actually an embarrassment that Smith & Wesson can produce a gun with such a bad factory trigger. Yes it can be fixed, but that requires aftermarket parts. What I am comparing here are factory stock guns.

Warranty - ???? - Never had one break. I have sent a couple of guns back to Smith & Wesson and they were great to work with.

Durability - Glock - Not that the M&P is bad or worse. But is it possible to improve upon the service life of a Glock? I think the gun has survived every torture test conceived.

Ergonomics - M&P - This is where the M&P really shines. The block is...........nevermind

Accuracy - ???Glock??? - This is completely subjective to the end user. Personally I do not consider my M&P9 to be particularly accurate. In contrast I had a Glock 35 that was crazy accurate. What I am talking about here is off the bench 15 - 30 yard put it on paper accuracy. But this is a pretty poor comparison to say without a doubt the Glock is more accurate.

:yesway: +1

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville

:noway: You sir are a Glockaholic! :D To me the best choice is the one that fits best PERIOD! There are many good handguns out there (and yes that includes Glock's) so it is truly a personal preference. I don't own either a Glock or an M&P but the M&P fits my hand a little better. I also prefer more than just a trigger safety. My opinion so take it for what it is worth (:twocents: ?).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :noway: You sir are a Glockaholic! :D To me the best choice is the one that fits best PERIOD! There are many good handguns out there (and yes that includes Glock's) so it is truly a personal preference. I don't own either a Glock or an M&P but the M&P fits my hand a little better. I also prefer more than just a trigger safety. My opinion so take it for what it is worth (:twocents: ?).

A "Glockaholic"

Man that just sounds nasty.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    These are humorous and also interesting discussions. They are both great firearms. I would guess the average member who voted, who happens to own the Glock and the M&P voted for Glock. I know members who own both and always talk about why the Glock is better, but they always seem to carry the M&P for some reason. :whistle:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I've shot a glock in .40 and didn't care for the mushy trigger (just my opinion).
    My only dislike of M&P is it is impossible to search for on this forum. The ampersand really throws the site into a tizzy

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I honestly cannot pick a winner, thats why I carry one of each everyday.

Glock 19 Gen4
    M&P .40C

I am in love with both as well as my other full sized Glocks and M&P's. I cannot pick a winner.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    These are humorous and also interesting discussions. They are both great firearms. I would guess the average member who voted, who happens to own the Glock and the M&P voted for Glock. I know members who own both and always talk about why the Glock is better, but they always seem to carry the M&P for some reason. :whistle:

Cause the M&P is so much purdier....Glock is a block.

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    Well if it makes a difference the M&P is available with a manual thumb safety and I believe a magazine safety also but thankfully they're also available without any safety like the Glock and XD. I am considering buying an M&p and not using my Glock as my primary carry gun anymore . IMHO the worst poly frame gun from a major manufacturer is the Sig 250 I owned one for a week before I traded it on something else. :draw:

BillT8436

Plinker
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    If the gun is a carry gun, either will do. For weekly or monthly shoot, the glock is easier to modify and add accessories. Like 23 or 30 round magazines.

Top Bottom