What is a fair price for 9mm in todays market?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Fair to me is whatever the market will bare.

But I set my own ceiling on price. For factory 9MM, brass case only, it's $0.36/round.

And no, I am not buying any right now. :)

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Depends on the ammo and this is jmho: well known manufacturer of plain ol brass 115gr fmj - if you want to sell it here then 55-70cpr, on armslist ~60-80cpr and gunbroker is 90cpr-$1.10

Mike Maddox

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Otterbein
    While it can, and should vary by the quality and type of bullet, there are many asking, and selling at near that dollar a round range. Another way to look at it is look at the cost of reloading it.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    As others have said, that number is set by the market and you. I refuse to pay what it is selling for right now. The last 3 cases I bought from Natchez were @$300 a case. I might go $400 for the ammo I really like but that is it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I have no idea, but it must be slim out there. I hoard so I have a bunch, but I parted ways with two boxes of hydra's for a good friend. I didn't even make him pay.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Just a quick thread drift, but what is the status of 9mm brass? I know primers are tight but I have a bunch of brass and I'm not sure I want to attempt to size/decap all of it given that I have a single stage, lol.

Might be better to help a few folks if they are in dire need to be able to shoot.

Though it probably is the primers that's preventing someone from loading.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ditto. I don't need any right now, so my "buy price" is way below the current market.
    Bingo. We have far more 9mm than we will shoot at our current rate of usage.
    We are not hoarders but I did seize on many opportunity's when the market was soft and product was laying around everywhere for the best prices I have seen since Sandy Hook.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have no idea, but it must be slim out there. I hoard so I have a bunch, but I parted ways with two boxes of hydra's for a good friend. I didn't even make him pay.
    I have passed along a bit here and there to good people that are eyes wide open now due to the insanity we are seeing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It evaporates in a matter of ours and sometimes minutes. Flippers and carpet baggers.
    If you are on the computer with alerts and fast you can snag some but if you wait its gone.
    :tinfoil:

How many weeks ago was it that the manufacturers came out with their vids assuring us that they were making more ammo?

How much ammo has hit the market since then?

:scratch:

jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    I’m definitely not buying right now, it’s like deja vu all over again but worse.
    How many panic cycles will we put ourselves through before everyone gets priced out of the sport?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It evaporates in a matter of ours and sometimes minutes. Flippers and carpet baggers.
    If you are on the computer with alerts and fast you can snag some but if you wait its gone.
    I had plans to really get back into regular practice and shooting matches this year. I have enough reserve components, after a couple slow shooting years, that I thought I was fine to proceed with that plan?

I hate to promote the crazy high price selling/buying any more than what it already is. However, with prices as they are, I question how many trigger pulls I want to have when just the primer is valued at $.10, $.20, $.25 each?

I'm not opposed to jumping into the market and selling some components vs shooting them at current value either. :dunno:

dhunt4work

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    I had plans to really get back into regular practice and shooting matches this year. I have enough reserve components, after a couple slow shooting years, that I thought I was fine to proceed with that plan?

I hate to promote the crazy high price selling/buying any more than what it already is. However, with prices as they are, I question how many trigger pulls I want to have when just the primer is valued at $.10, $.20, $.25 each?

I'm not opposed to jumping into the market and selling some components vs shooting them at current value either. :dunno:
    At the current prices I have thought about selling some as well....at a fair price

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    A fair price?
    16.9 cents/rd for practice 9mm
    55 cents/rd for HD 9mm
    25 cents/round for 5.56 green tip.
    10 cents/round for quality 22LR
    That's the fair price I get from my ammo cans in the safe, anything more than that is one entity gouging another. I'm all about a free market and capitalism, but if the market bears a $50 loaf of bread, it's still gouging.
    I took the advise of several members here and "stacked it deep while it's cheap" and. unlike the last ammo famine, I'm gonna sit this one out.
    Wishing all my fellow members luck with their ammunition needs.

Top Bottom