• ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Hiding is the smart man's game.:D

It's not like we don't have historical examples to review even here in our own country (Chicago, California, D.C. NYC, Boston, Cleveland, Cincy, etc.). Guns will be hidden and secreted.

Did you read the Halbrook article I posted about gun confiscation in France? Not even the Nazis could do it. What do you think the clockwatchers at .gov will accomplish?:laugh:

Here's is Halbrook's article: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ks_lastest_article_the_lessons_of_france.html

Look at the compliance rate with California AWB. Not even 1%.

.gov cannot disarm a country the size of California, Iraq. .gov cannot disarm a nation of illiterate goat herders and cave dwellers in Afghanistan. How do you think it would do in a country as wealthy and educated as the United States of America?:D

There are over 300 million firearms in the USA. A plurality of INGO could fabricate their own firearms from scratch (machinists, tool and die guys, engineers, etc.) or be taught quickly. Soon the technology will exist where you can print your own firearm off your computer. Think about how many firearms could be smuggled into the USA. Take the weight of cocaine and convert that to the weight of AK-47s. Convert the weight of illegal aliens that walk across our borders every day into weight of AK-74s.

Talk of effective confiscation is out on the fringe.

This is a losing proposition. We should be thinking about attacking, not talking about running and hiding.;)

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Im not suggesting revolution or anything really, just curious about what to do. It's basically hide the guns or surrender the guns? What do you do?

Neither of those two options. :noway:

However, other options typically lead to that which shall not be discussed.

We know what happened the last time anyone "came for our guns" :cool:

...so the best discussion revolves around actively preventing such a modern hypothetical rather than planning the resistance.

...We should be thinking about attacking, not talking about running and hiding.;)

Yep. ^ Missed this one when I posted.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    More than likely they won't "come for them." That would be folly.

They'll reclassify some of them as NFA weapons, and treat them like machine guns. Then individuals who are caught with unregistered NFA weapons will be looking at hard time. And there will be many, many people who will be okay with that, just as they're okay with the machine gun situation.

In the end, the police will still have whatever they want, the other governmental organizations will have whatever they want, criminals will have whatever they want, and otherwise law-abiding citizens will find themselves in prison. Like usual.

And since it will be one person at a time, based on coming across them randomly, and not some sort of mass roundup, they'll be able to pull off labeling them as wackos, and most of the country will go right along.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    They'll reclassify some of them as NFA weapons, and treat them like machine guns. Then individuals who are caught with unregistered NFA weapons will be looking at hard time. And there will be many, many people who will be okay with that, just as they're okay with the machine gun situation.

Fabian tactics work both ways.:) Small steps are what we need.

When you gain ground? Counterattack your own position.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    ...so the best discussion revolves around actively preventing such a modern hypothetical rather than planning the resistance.

This!
    Write your congressmen, the president (for what good it will do), set up a bogus email and post comments on anti-gun new articles. Like stuff on facebook. Post interesting anti-antigun articles (share the NRA articles), talk to your friends and family. Is it propaganda, yes, but the alternative is to let this stuff just ride. Do not let this stuff just roll over us. We need to stand up and be heard.
    I would also add, do not be jerks and punks about it. I know it is kind of fun to flex your muscles, but at the same time this is every bit a public opinion battle as it is a ideological and God given right to bear arms that our constitutitution supports. Be polite, but firm.

I am using this link to contact officials at least once a week right now!
    ELECTED OFFICIALS

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    Hiding is the smart man's game.:D

It's not like we don't have historical examples to review even here in our own country (Chicago, California, D.C. NYC, Boston, Cleveland, Cincy, etc.). Guns will be hidden and secreted.

Did you read the Halbrook article I posted about gun confiscation in France? Not even the Nazis could do it. What do you think the clockwatchers at .gov will accomplish?:laugh:

Here's is Halbrook's article: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ks_lastest_article_the_lessons_of_france.html

Look at the compliance rate with California AWB. Not even 1%.

.gov cannot disarm a country the size of California, Iraq. .gov cannot disarm a nation of illiterate goat herders and cave dwellers in Afghanistan. How do you think it would do in a country as wealthy and educated as the United States of America?:D

There are over 300 million firearms in the USA. A plurality of INGO could fabricate their own firearms from scratch (machinists, tool and die guys, engineers, etc.) or be taught quickly. Soon the technology will exist where you can print your own firearm off your computer. Think about how many firearms could be smuggled into the USA. Take the weight of cocaine and convert that to the weight of AK-47s. Convert the weight of illegal aliens that walk across our borders every day into weight of AK-74s.

Talk of effective confiscation is out on the fringe.

This is a losing proposition. We should be thinking about attacking, not talking about running and hiding.;)

What about these camps people have been talking about?

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The answer is no. However, give me a letter written to me by My God telling me to surrender my arms to you and I will. Until then, the answer is no.

What part of no do you not understand?

Top Bottom