• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    From what I have been reading lately, Israel doesn't have a whole lot to say to Iran at the moment. It was let slip in the media that Israel is ready to attack and take over Lebanon within four hours, though.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    To answer your question, "What if Israel attacks Iran?"

My answer is: That is their perogative and we can stay completely out of it. If Israel believes that they are threatened then they have the right to eliminate the threat. Because the Iranian head of state has stated weekly that he is determined to detroy Israel, the belief that Israel is threatened is well founded.

My:twocents:

Terry

bambek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Henry Co.
    I would say that we can take it to the bank that they WILL enter into a conflict militarily with them if they are not just sabre' rattling, which I doubt they are. When that happens it will be bad. We, IMHO, have been extremely two-faced all these years in what we say to Israel. Imagine if Canada would have periodically launched missiles across the boarder into the U.S. and killed our citizens. Would we even once, let alone numerous times, put up with that or eliminate the threat? It's going to happen over there, get ready people. Cause it will affect us.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I would say that we can take it to the bank that they WILL enter into a conflict militarily with them if they are not just sabre' rattling, which I doubt they are. When that happens it will be bad. We, IMHO, have been extremely two-faced all these years in what we say to Israel. Imagine if Canada would have periodically launched missiles across the boarder into the U.S. and killed our citizens. Would we even once, let alone numerous times, put up with that or eliminate the threat? It's going to happen over there, get ready people. Cause it will affect us.

Actually, a more comparable situation is on our southern border, where we have, by some reports put up with invasion, murder of our citizens on their own property, and wholesale disregard of our national sovereignty by another nation. We've put up with it for political reasons, but that patience is fraying away among normal folks.

Having said that, I agree with your point completely. The problem with Israel attacking Iran, from Israel's viewpoint (IMO) is that Iran is teetering on the edge of overthrowing its mullahs and the majority of the population opposes their own government. If the Israelis strike at Iran, that will solidify support for the current government at a time when its in trouble with its population; a fact which I'm sure the Israelis know much better than we do.

If the Iranians can take back their government and restore it to something approaching democracy (or even some sort of secular Islamic state ala what Turkey used to be) financial support for Hamas, Hezbollah, and other terrorist groups will be greatly diminished.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If you thought the price of oil was high last year... Just wait.

I said in another thread: I hope Israel does what needs doing. I also hope that they don't do anything.

Geopolitically and geocentrically speaking, this would not at all be in the United States' best interest.

Not that the above matters (or should matter) to anyone else in the world...

-J-

pistol pete

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Guys way too many new issues have caused Israel to pause on the premptive strike . One air defense from the Soviets come with a promise to defend their air space . Second no one in the White House will back them up . Israel is just sitting waiting on the right moment to act . The rhetoric from Iran keeps coming and they are doing everything to provoke confrontation . Just be paitient and wait it is inevitable .

DrPrepper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Acton IN
    I hate to jump into the midst of so many experts who know exactly whats going to happen when it comes to geopolitical military issues....

But as far as I am concerned I really have no idea what the US would do. Maybe nothing, maybe something really stupid.

I dont think many folks can PREDICT the level of stupidity of the current governments actions lately....

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Guys way too many new issues have caused Israel to pause on the premptive strike . One air defense from the Soviets come with a promise to defend their air space . Second no one in the White House will back them up . Israel is just sitting waiting on the right moment to act . The rhetoric from Iran keeps coming and they are doing everything to provoke confrontation . Just be paitient and wait it is inevitable .

Agreed.

And it's not like Israel is "flying blind" on any of this, either. With probably one of the best-networked intelligence systems in the world, I'd be willing to venture that they know way more than any one of us will ever know.

So, if Israel "doesn't act"...it means that they likely don't need to.

And if they DO do something, then whatever it is that they do will be best for Israel and Israel alone.

-J-

OZZY.40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Camby
    What will be worse is if Israel doesnt stand up against Iran. Ahmadinejad has said he well sell nuclear weapons to terrorists once he has developed the bomb. Those terrorist will likely target the one place they hate the most, America. Hopefully the U.S. will stand with Israel against Iran and those who support them before Iran can finish making nuclear weapons. IMO it is in Israel's best interest to stop crush Iran before Ahmadinejad attacks them.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Well we (America) is in Iraq, Afghanistan and everywhere in between, so why not join with Israel if they attack the threat know as Iran?

If the guy next door told me every day that he was going to come over ank kick my arse, for a while I might just brush it off, but one day, I would get sick of hearing and it and go over there and tell him to sh$$ or get off the pot.

Israel has to/MUSt do what is best for them, and I only hope that Osama has the sense to either keep his mouth shut or step up and help.

Top Bottom