• Status
    Not open for further replies.

glockmeister

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Indy Northside
    Made a trade for a maxpedition vulture 2 backpack. Traded a white generic box of .38 spl ammo, and 2 speedloaders for it. My trading partner said he was having trouble finding either one...Crazy:rolleyes:

djkbmwguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    First, Prayed and read my Bible. I think that is the most important as it gives a clue on how the story ends. I have stopped by my local LGS to buy some ammo. It was the first time in three weeks that I stopped and they did not have any ammo for my hand guns. Stopped at Wally world and they never have any ammo when I am there.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    Put a rifle in layaway, bought a handgun, bought 2 boxes of 380 and 1 box of 9mm (got lucky at Walmart :rockwoot: before work but didn't feel like going back after work for more). Helped a new shooter buy her first handgun (and gave her a head's up on the ammo at Walmart too)...reorganized my toiletry stash...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Both kids and the wife and I are all doing it. My wife went through up to her purple years ago but we are all starting of on the same level...........but she looks alot better doing it then me!

Patience grass hopper.....................:D

I have not trained in the gym/DO-JO for years but the training is still there. I share this knowledge with my family when we can find the time. My daughter (before the twins..:):) used to get after me with a vengeance.
    Enjoy this time with the family.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Started taking karate......with the price of ammo and all.
    Well, in the show Revolution, they joked about ammo running out and using swords like pirates...

I took Martial Arts as a kid and Ju Jitsu as an adult. Ive been tempted to get back into a self defense class. Good for staying in shape, and the kids will learn discipline and respect.

As for my week, just got a Mosin Nagant. Havent picked up any ammo yet but will look for some good deals. Also bought a maxpedition mini pocket organizer. I plan on putting some stuff together and taking this to work every day.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    My husband not only made a payment on my layawayed rifle but he also bought 3 boxes of 30-06 to feed it and we picked up some clearanced handgun cases for the range trips.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Attended a one day survival workshop and enjoyed the heck out it. Last time I took the family bob, this time I used my get home bag. Awesome class and I'd recommend it to anyone.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I just got home from the Utah Concealed Carry class in the next town. (5 hour class ended up being 8 hours. :rolleyes:) I will send out the application and other necessary info/forms on Monday.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Went to Sams club and wally. Filled up the area we set aside for the new twins. Baby's are expensive.
    Rotated out some of the food for the older grand daughter. She is 6 and has severe Glutton and egg allergy's and all of her food has to be monitored. Again...spendy.

We moved all the paper goods to the attic to make some much needed room.

Finished the new and improved back up emergency power system. Battery's/inverter's/generator. We plan to run it today.

We measured up all the windows to make plywood inserts for security in a serious SHTF situation. Son and I came up with a fastening system that is quick, easy. The harder you make it to get in the less worries you have.

SpecWar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Took oldest daughter (30yrs.) to gun show today, she bought her first pistol. Taurus PT-22. Fits her hand to learn control and basics. She will buy a larger pistol when she gets the basics down. I bought her some ammo and cleaning supplies and showed her how to load, unload, clean and store her weapon. She is stoked!!!!!!! Can's wait for summer to take her out. Youngest just texted, now she wants one just like it to learn on... She is 24yrs, already has her Lifetime permit, oldest still waiting on her permit. If this isn't good prepping, don't know what is....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom