• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    I bought all the seeds at the 3 dollar generals that were left and that were vegetables. I figure that beans, bullets and bandaids will be better currency than gold, and vacuumed packed seeds should hold for 5-10 years.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I picked up another icing bucket (2gal) from the local grocer. It's the perfect size for a large bag of rice.

Had 4 keys made for the used truck bed tool box I got for $50.oo from a friend of my son. Had repairs done on the truck. I also added a tarp to the truck and a ladder (portable) so that I can check the oil and to get into the bed of the truck. (Ok, I'm a bit on the short side. ;^p)

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    No. I can view my property on much bigger screens, why would I care what it looks like through an iPhone?

I was just thinking if for some reason you were outside and wanted to look across your property at night. Say maybe you have this annoying critter that keeps coming onto your property, causing you problems and you want to take a shot at it the first chance you get.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I bought a new 5hp B&S sideshaft for $50 from a guy on craigslist. It was still bolted to the shipping skid and wrapped in plastic! It wasn't really a necessity so I consider it a "prep" item.

That's a steal.

We serviced "All" the rigs. Oil change, fluids, tire rotation, serviced the diff's and checked the brake's. Everything is ready.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I brought down all my backpacks that were stored upstairs since I totaled my truck and am re-organizing them to put in my truck bed toolbox installed in my "new-to-me" truck.

Things are too "scattered" in the three bags and I want to consolidate "like" things or things that should go together in each bag.

Later, I'll bring down the tub that I have my tent, sleeping bag, etc. in and put them into the toolbox. (It's a pretty LARGE/DEEP - old - toolbox. ;)) (No, not the tub)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Picked up 2 more 5 gallon vinyl containers and filled them up with gas. More .223, 12 ga. and .45
    Wife is rotating some of the stores and replenishing. Garden is coming along.

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    This afternoon I installed another long range (300 to 400 feet) infra red flood lamp to light up across the front driveway and illuminate the tree line. It has a 60-degree spread pattern. I've not optimized the aiming point yet but I've got it roughly aimed for where I believe it should be pretty close to where I want it shining.

Have you tried using your cell phone camera to look across your property with your IR lights on?
    Contrary to popular belief you can NOT use an iPhone to "see" in the dark even if the property is flooded with Infra Red flood lamps.

You also can NOT use a digital camera that has IR auto-focus to "see" in the dark either.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    "Secured" another cabinet from work. It's not pretty, but it locks and has different size compartments & shelves. As soon as the mechanic cleans it out, he's going to help me get it in my truck. (It's old, so it's heavy):n00b:

Blackout

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    I have made of list of needs with est. dollar amounts of each item. Stocked up on 380 ammo (450 rounds, not enough but its a start). Started a ammo supply plan. And last but not least, cleaned my guns and closet.

I hope to put my ammo supply plan into effect within the next few weeks which consists of separating shooting ammo and "dont touch" ammo. There will be a est. amount of ammo list, a est. count on the ammo I have, and a exact number of rounds I can shoot given my amount I have.

Remember, a gun without ammo is just a heavy stick.

I'm glad there are so many like minded people on this topic. Blackout

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have made of list of needs with est. dollar amounts of each item. Stocked up on 380 ammo (450 rounds, not enough but its a start). Started a ammo supply plan. And last but not least, cleaned my guns and closet.

I hope to put my ammo supply plan into effect within the next few weeks which consists of separating shooting ammo and "dont touch" ammo. There will be a est. amount of ammo list, a est. count on the ammo I have, and a exact number of rounds I can shoot given my amount I have.

Remember, a gun without ammo is just a heavy stick.

I'm glad there are so many like minded people on this topic. Blackout

Welcome to ingo.......much can be learned here.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    Switched over from a MOLLE style pack to a Kelty Coyote 80. The MOLLE packs just aren't designed to walk with for miles and miles if needed and they aren't really constructed to hold heavy loads.

I bought the wife a new Kelty Cosmic Down sleeping bag to replace the military style ECWSS. It is about 1/10th the size packed.

Bought a back up tent. The whole family can "fit" in our 3 man, but two 3 mans will be much better.

I made my own version of the Kifaru Woobie Express. Basically an insulated, waterproof Multicam poncho that can double as a blanket, pack cover, pillow, etc. Heck, if you guys want, I can make them for you if there are enough requests. They aren't cheap even if you make them yourself as Multicam isn't cheap, the insulation isn't cheap but they would still be a little more than half the price of the actual Woobie.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom