• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    This is what globalists wanted. You need to diversify production locations, particularly to non-hostile nations. Long-term, I expect this to result in a lot of production being location-diversified and a good percentage of it being pulled back to the US and/or closer/friendlier nations.

I doubt this will change things. Consumers will not speak w their dollars for very long. And w meds ... people want the easy fix (pill). One option = no option.

Perhaps I am too pessimistic.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is what globalists wanted. You need to diversify production locations, particularly to non-hostile nations. Long-term, I expect this to result in a lot of production being location-diversified and a good percentage of it being pulled back to the US and/or closer/friendlier nations.

OK. Give me cheap over quality. All the time. Enter WalMart. Send assembly and Manf off shore and over the river to keep the costs down. Yes this was "Wanted" when it all 1st came around. And is still wanted by a very large segment of society. I am not one of those folks but what else can you do when the box stores no longer offer all the items we were so used to seeing and now its on line for the "We want it cheap" routine. We see this same silliness in here.....I want it as "CHEAP" as possible. That word sets my hair on fire.

Yes we wanted it because it was allowed to happen. I see your argument. It has merit. But just like the idiocy we face from the hill......who keeps these thieves and liar's in office......We do.

Rest my case.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    OK. Give me cheap over quality. All the time. Enter WalMart. Send assembly and Manf off shore and over the river to keep the costs down. Yes this was "Wanted" when it all 1st came around. And is still wanted by a very large segment of society. I am not one of those folks but what else can you do when the box stores no longer offer all the items we were so used to seeing and now its on line for the "We want it cheap" routine. We see this same silliness in here.....I want it as "CHEAP" as possible. That word sets my hair on fire.

Yes we wanted it because it was allowed to happen. I see your argument. It has merit. But just like the idiocy we face from the hill......who keeps these thieves and liar's in office......We do.

Rest my case.
    Welcome to the dark side and hate of the word cheap my friend! Now, where can I get the cheapest...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The other side of the story is how much has "organized labor" and federal [STRIKE]corruption[/STRIKE] regulation drove this work away from our shores?

How much of this is our own doing for willingly pricing ourselves out of many modern markets?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The other side of the story is how much has "organized labor" and federal [STRIKE]corruption[/STRIKE] regulation drove this work away from our shores?

How much of this is our own doing for willingly pricing ourselves out of many modern markets?

Yes we have put a serious price tag on our labor but brother look at the sticker on a new truck.
    Over regulation by Gov. alphabet agency's is the real issue here.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have been out of the running for a new truck for many years now.

What is the current auto standard? Toyota? Hyundai?

Yeah, we did this to ourselves...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have been out of the running for a new truck for many years now.

What is the current auto standard? Toyota? Hyundai?

Yeah, we did this to ourselves...

I am trying to get ahead of all the medical issues and bills that avalanched us. Once there I will sell both trucks and get a much newer one. The sticker on a new, loaded out GMC in 4WD is as much as we gave for our 1st house. And we had 30 years to pay for that.

I will have to settle on something a few years old.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Yes we have put a serious price tag on our labor but brother look at the sticker on a new truck.
    Over regulation by Gov. alphabet agency's is the real issue here.

Dont forget about greed. Good old fashioned corporate greed. It definitely comes into play

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I am trying to get ahead of all the medical issues and bills that avalanched us. Once there I will sell both trucks and get a much newer one. The sticker on a new, loaded out GMC in 4WD is as much as we gave for our 1st house. And we had 30 years to pay for that.

I will have to settle on something a few years old.

Dont forget about greed. Good old fashioned corporate greed. It definitely comes into play

One thing that is vastly overlooked about the prices of vehicles....

Today's constant bombardment of Radio, TV and print ads along with corporate sponsorship by the automobile manufacturers add somewhere in the line of 25-30 percent minimum to the markups.
    All the hidden expenses thrown into the final cost are astronomical. The inflation rate for new vehicles far exceeds a fair value.

My 1998 Chevy extended cab K1500 Z71 sticker was 32 grand, with a GM discount because of my F.I.L. I paid just north of 25, that same truck today will run right around 52 grand, Manufactures are pricing
    themselves out of the market, no way I'm paying what was 1/3 the cost of my home 15 years ago. I bought a used 2012 Traverse 2.5 years ago for 10,500 with 77,000 on it. I'm going to drive it till the body falls off then look at another used vehicle for a great price.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And they all involve money/power and the maintaining of it at any cost.

I love the quote that pretty much says "we shouldnt be investigating the rich folks who get into politics. We should be investigating the folks who get into politics and then get rich." Look at these critters' net worths... How do you become a multi millionaire on a low end six figure salary? Ive worked for and rubbed elbows with locals making the same bank (and sometimes a bit more) those clowns in the swamp do. Yet the locals are comfy, but not on the path to insane riches those corrupt idiots are.

Gee, I wonder why?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I love the quote that pretty much says "we shouldnt be investigating the rich folks who get into politics. We should be investigating the folks who get into politics and then get rich." Look at these critters' net worths... How do you become a multi millionaire on a low end six figure salary? Ive worked for and rubbed elbows with locals making the same bank (and sometimes a bit more) those clowns in the swamp do. Yet the locals are comfy, but not on the path to insane riches those corrupt idiots are.

Gee, I wonder why?

And "WE THE PEOPLE" are complicit in this.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Went to Costco yesterday to experience the 2 water case limit all sparked by a panic buyer that showed up to buy a pallet.
    Now that we've finished our basement, it felt really good to get restocked on canned goods (past our pantry supply).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Went to Costco yesterday to experience the 2 water case limit all sparked by a panic buyer that showed up to buy a pallet.
    Now that we've finished our basement, it felt really good to get restocked on canned goods (past our pantry supply).

That pallet would have been up for sale. People suck.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    That pallet would have been up for sale. People suck.

They restocked and now there are pallets of water topped with pallets of tp on every end cap. I had to take turns rounding aisles to let the flow of traffic through. Could just be the store up here though.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    They restocked and now there are pallets of water topped with pallets of tp on every end cap. I had to take turns rounding aisles to let the flow of traffic through. Could just be the store up here though.

Yeah. The Costco up here is always busy as heck. Usually the wife does the costco runs. Goes first thing when they open in the middle of the week. Says there's usually people lined up to get in.

jeromy0408

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2020
    Whiteland
    when it comes to water supply just get things like a lifestraw it can be used in unsanitary water and will purify it. Just make sure it's working properly every year. If you have the means getting a solar power system that can handle a fridge will get you just about all the fueling you need.

Top Bottom