• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Got to the final stage at Friday Night Steel last night and about the second or third shot on the first string my S&W Victory 22 didn't cycle correctly and didn't sound right. Shell was still in the chamber. Cleared the gun minus the shell in the chamber and the RO and I tried using a knife point to remove the stuck shell casing. Thinking it may have been a squib load, another member of the squad had a cleaning rod. At first there was no movement, then the shell casing came out. Have never experienced this before with this gun. Gun worked fine for the rest of the stage, other than the last plate not wanting to fall. 36 grain Winchester 555. I'm chalking it up to bad ammo.
    IMG_1356.JPG

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Got to the final stage at Friday Night Steel last night and about the second or third shot on the first string my S&W Victory 22 didn't cycle correctly and didn't sound right. Shell was still in the chamber. Cleared the gun minus the shell in the chamber and the RO and I tried using a knife point to remove the stuck shell casing. Thinking it may have been a squib load, another member of the squad had a cleaning rod. At first there was no movement, then the shell casing came out. Have never experienced this before with this gun. Gun worked fine for the rest of the stage, other than the last plate not wanting to fall. 36 grain Winchester 555. I'm chalking it up to bad ammo.
    View attachment 134886
    That's your answer right there. Winchester and Remington seem to be in a race to see who can produce the worst yet still usable ammo. The vast, vast majority of time when I see something about failures caused by ammo, those are the two brands I see mentioned.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Bought some winchester 22 match believe it was 22t lots of failures to extract, puff loads, i have not been purchasing any more winchester or remington myself

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'd bet the casing was made too thin and during loading or cycling, the rim of the next round passing over it caused the dent and tear.

Top Bottom