• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • intergalactic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I am currently caring a S&W M&P 40 in a Fobus Tactical Holster with a Fobus Spare Magazine Holster on the other hip. If I need something lighter I carry my Taurus PT-111 9mm, or my Kel-Tec PF9 if I need something smaller.

intergalactic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Is your PF9 factory chrome or did you have it nickel plated? I have read several postings on the KTOG about a guy who nickel plates and does a good job and was thinking of having mine done.

Responding to WestSider's posting...

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Is your PF9 factory chrome or did you have it nickel plated? I have read several postings on the KTOG about a guy who nickel plates and does a good job and was thinking of having mine done.

Responding to WestSider's posting...

Jack Fuselier is the guy you are talking about. He does nickel plating jobs for Kel-Tecs. He is on the KTOG forum. Also, Sprinter used to do CBN plating on Kel-Tecs as well, don't know if he still does or not. Everything I have read about plating jobs indicates that the plating qualities are CBN > HC > Nickel.

Actually mine is neither. It was a regular blued slide model that was done in Cera-Hide by Brad at CCR Refinishing. He did both the slide and barrel. The finish is fantastic, and he did for a really good price. The job took longer than expected, but it was worth it, it's 100x better than the blued finish.

CCR-REFINISHING

As much as I like my PF-9 I'm thinking about selling it to fund some other "projects" :) I just got a Glock 19 and I think it is going to be fine to carry.

Last edited:

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Well I have answered this before I think? so heres a diffrent answere..... I have 4 handguns and they are all diffrent sizes... So I usually carry my XD-9 service it works in most situations... but I also have a sigma 40cal that I open carry due to it being 2 tone and big. also A bersa 380 that can hide any where, my M&P 9compact is almost as easy to hide and is a great shooter. Then back again to my XD not hard to conceal being im 6ft and 280 with a foot ball players build. But I really dont care if some one does see my gun. So its all about what I feel like carrying. Any one ever have trouble decieding what gun they want to carry from day to day?

intergalactic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Jack Fuselier is the guy you are talking about. He does nickel plating jobs for Kel-Tecs. He is on the KTOG forum. Also, Sprinter used to do CBN plating on Kel-Tecs as well, don't know if he still does or not. Everything I have read about plating jobs indicates that the plating qualities are CBN > HC > Nickel.

Actually mine is neither. It was a regular blued slide model that was done in Cera-Hide by Brad at CCR Refinishing. He did both the slide and barrel. The finish is fantastic, and he did for a really good price. The job took longer than expected, but it was worth it, it's 100x better than the blued finish.

CCR-REFINISHING

As much as I like my PF-9 I'm thinking about selling it to fund some other "projects" :) I just got a Glock 19 and I think it is going to be fine to carry.

I am thinking of selling mine as well (if my wife does not want to start practicing with it). I am waiting for the new Taurus Slim 709SS to be released.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Kimber Tactical Ultra II

Kimber_TU_005.jpg

bbbas55

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    i have been carrying a tarus millinum 9mm but it was alittle large for what i wanted so i am switching to a kel-tec 9mm. i have a holster that fits inside my pants/belt and is quit comfortable and very consealed. couldnt do that with the tarus.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom