• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Just ordered some extra power mag springs from Springer, Galloway precision guide rod with 22# recoil spring, and an Apex trigger kit for the M&P 2.0 4" 10mm I just acquired.

I put some rounds thru it with no issues but I believe this will become the new carry gun once run thru the paces with the new parts

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    An H&K extractor, extractor springs, ejector lever, ejector spring, and a roller retainer and pin. A Turkish AP5P is being picky with ammo and I'm hoping some finer made internals help.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    This has been a brutal week for my ebay MC. Primary Arms has been listing a bunch of used/open box optics that I assume are either NRA show display items or possibly return units from testing/evaluation. I've been waiting patiently for the Holosun 507k to come out with the ACSS Vulcan reticle. A couple popped back in March but I wanted more. Primary Arms listed a bunch earlier this week and I snagged two red ones and six green ones before they ran out.

Then I decided to let go of some Aimpoints because I really do not see dots well and I want to go prism for rifles from now on(or LPVO). Primary Arms also had a ton of prisms listed the same way and I ended up with two of the earlier generation 2.5x SLX and nine of the newer 3x SLX MicroPrisms. I just kept buying them until they finally sold out. Sold 64 total.

s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    And then yesterday,......I am such an idiot. I keep up a constant search looking for deals on S&W Shield Pluses. Don't need another but I wouldn't mind picking up another 9mm. But I'm constantly amazed at the deals on the 30 Super Carry. I gotta have optics cut and unlike everyone else, I want the thumb safety. But that's not easy to find on the 9mm at a good price but standard configuration on the 30SC. And I can get the 30SC for $100-200 cheaper than the 9mm.

Anyway, I was watching a 30SC listing and decided I definitely did not need it(already have two), but it was listed with an opening bid of $320 with a Buy Now of $345. Shipping was a reasonable $18 too so I had it in my mind that if it hadn't caught a bid I might actually throw in at the $320 opener as a deal-too-good-to-pass. With a day to go someone placed the $320 bid and I decided I was NOT going to get involved with it,.....but I left the tab open to see where it would go.

Next day(y'day)I stumbled across the open tab and there were only a couple minutes left to go so I watched. Some yahoo came in and bid $325(not wanting to hit the $345 BN). Bidder #1 came back and bid $330(not wanting to hit the $345 BN). I couldn't stand it. The seller was way under every other listing on the site at $345 and I decided that neither of those guys deserved the gun,.........so I hit the BN. I am such an idiot!

But I really like this gun. And I've got a pile of Holosuns showing up tomorrow with nothing to mount them on.

pix996822966.jpg

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    And then yesterday,......I am such an idiot. I keep up a constant search looking for deals on S&W Shield Pluses. Don't need another but I wouldn't mind picking up another 9mm. But I'm constantly amazed at the deals on the 30 Super Carry. I gotta have optics cut and unlike everyone else, I want the thumb safety. But that's not easy to find on the 9mm at a good price but standard configuration on the 30SC. And I can get the 30SC for $100-200 cheaper than the 9mm.

Anyway, I was watching a 30SC listing and decided I definitely did not need it(already have two), but it was listed with an opening bid of $320 with a Buy Now of $345. Shipping was a reasonable $18 too so I had it in my mind that if it hadn't caught a bid I might actually throw in at the $320 opener as a deal-too-good-to-pass. With a day to go someone placed the $320 bid and I decided I was NOT going to get involved with it,.....but I left the tab open to see where it would go.

Next day(y'day)I stumbled across the open tab and there were only a couple minutes left to go so I watched. Some yahoo came in and bid $325(not wanting to hit the $345 BN). Bidder #1 came back and bid $330(not wanting to hit the $345 BN). I couldn't stand it. The seller was way under every other listing on the site at $345 and I decided that neither of those guys deserved the gun,.........so I hit the BN. I am such an idiot!

But I really like this gun. And I've got a pile of Holosuns showing up tomorrow with nothing to mount them on.

pix996822966.jpg
    Sniper! :D

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Did you check out Primary Arms' listings on ebay by chance? They have 507C-GR listed as open box for $245 iirc. I bought my first couple from Optics Planet and had to wait a month to pay $359 apiece for them. Wish I needed a few more but I already have half a dozen sitting here within easy reach and nothing yet to put them on. I am Holosun rich.

We should meet up at the range one day. I'm going to have to sight in these two or three 30SC's and I still have a box full of .40 M&P's to sight in,....and a .45 Shield I had milled for a dot. Still debating whether to leave that one as a 6moa 407k or slap one of these new ones on when they arrive tomorrow. Don't figure that's a gun I'll shoot much and most probably won't ever carry.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Well, you can't technically snipe on GB with a bid unless you consider it sniping to hit the Buy Now. I do snipe a lot of ebay although lately, and I mean for the last couple of yrs entirely, I don't bid on ebay items. I just buy them at the fixed price. And I don't very often bid on actual auctions on GB either. I can only think of one gun this yr I've won at auction(and my $250 proxy bid took it down for $62), but I've bought at least a dozen.

I've never bought anything simply because I got fed up with how other people were bidding in an auction I wasn't even involved in,.....although I can't say that anymore. I am SUCH an idiot.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    In the middle of a reloading session for 8mm Mauser, I broke a decapping pin and then realized I had run out of spares. Fought the frigging traffic on 146th St. eastbound to Cabelas for 30 minutes! What a pain! Luckily they had the pins. The gas cost me more than the pins. Makes me nuts! :runaway:

zbloxzoid

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2023
    Terre Haute
    200 Rounds of M855. Could be some bootleg stuff, not sure, but PMC hasn't failed me yet with their M193. I've just been burning through ammo my friends and coworkers have given me because they no longer own a 5.56 rifle or ended up not buying one after getting ammo.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Noice!
    I ask because the rumor is "most" 556 AK mags work well in many 556 AKs. Some say you may need different followers. I don't think there's a standard across the board for mags and 556 AKs. Kinda a toss up whether they work in yours or not. I hear good things about PSAs
    Some of the files fellas said these work good in their Beryl. Then there was another one also, but I dont remember what. I saw these were on sale, so I pounced.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom