• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • user11230706

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2024
    Northern Indiana
    I'm curious, what do your range bags/kits look like? What bag do you use? What are your must-brings? How do you have things laid out?

Come here and show off your goods. Be sure to say what kind of shooting you're doing and share whatever other context you think is helpful. Maybe you'll get some copycats if you have good ideas.

(A quick search didn't turn up a thread on this, but I might not have looked very hard...)

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Used to carry an old Targus backpack. Ears and eyes, c clamps, orange duct tape, small screw driver to adj sights, Otis mobil cleaning kit. Pull an old kids wagon with guns and ammo and targets. Gun club target shooting of all kinds. Was a lot of fun.

user11230706

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2024
    Northern Indiana
    Used to carry an old Targus backpack. Ears and eyes, c clamps, orange duct tape, small screw driver to adj sights, Otis mobil cleaning kit. Pull an old kids wagon with guns and ammo and targets. Gun club target shooting of all kinds. Was a lot of fun.
    What are the C-clamps for?

Last edited:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Have stapler for range targets, lots of spare ear protection, binoculars, markers, cleaning kit with steel rod.
    That's in both my rifle and pistol bags, just in case I only need one and not both.
    Usually spare mags for whatever I'm shooting as well as my EDC.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I don't buy targets in order to save money. Use cardboard and a 1" square of orange duct tape. Use the little c clamps to hang the target on old conveyor belt hung between two railroad ties in front of a berm.

user11230706

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2024
    Northern Indiana
    Have stapler for range targets, lots of spare ear protection, binoculars, markers, cleaning kit with steel rod.
    That's in both my rifle and pistol bags, just in case I only need one and not both.
    Usually spare mags for whatever I'm shooting as well as my EDC.
    How many times have you actually used the cleaning kit at the range? Are you mostly cleaning pistols or rifles at the range? I'm guessing you clean if you are experiencing frequent malfunctions on a weapon and suspect it's due to carbon buildup.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    How many times have you actually used the cleaning kit at the range? Are you mostly cleaning pistols or rifles at the range? I'm guessing you clean if you are experiencing frequent malfunctions on a weapon and suspect it's due to carbon buildup.
    More in case of malfunctions. Have used it previously especially the rod to get a firearm working again at the range. Usually cleaning is for home.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Among other things, I have one of these

Shot timer, electronic hearing protection and eye protection, and spares of both. Some dirty bird and a few paper targets for sighting in, but prefer to shoot steel. A section of 22 cleaning rod to help clear brass in case something gets stuck that I can't easily clear. Staple gun, staples, optic adjustment tool. Mag holders for the belt, a Maglula in case thumb gets tired.

Depending on what I'm shooting I have soft side pistol cases or a couple of case club hard cases. Ammo box, etc.

Like to shoot steel.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I have a wide variety of bags and such that i have collected over the decades of shooting. What I take depends on what or how I am shoooting. I have a couple different sized ‘messenger bags’, the big canvas flap covered over the shoulder bags. They have a very sturdy strap and both have two pocked on the front and a pocket on each end. They can carry a large amount of stuff, including a few handguns in hard or soft cases, boxes or bags of ammo, my target folder, etc.

something that is a bit odd but I have fallen in love with is a parachute bag. I got a coup,e for work to hold various hardware for putting up pipe hangers. They are a very sturdy rubberized canvas circular bag that is divided into (usually) six slots. They have a central loop handle, slot pockets lining the exterior and a drawstring to close it up at the top. I have a big box of zipper bags that are about 3x6” and hold a decent amount of handgun ammo. I use them a lot when testing small batches of handloads or just fill them up with my bulk ammo. I can fit a few of those bags in each slot and still have room for stapler, staples, sharpie, oil bottle spare ear plugs, etc. and the awesome part for someone like me is that when you’re picking up your empties, it’s easy to drop different calibers of brass into different slots to make it easier once I get home.
    mine came from Menards, but they also have them at lowes or you can get the ones I have at Amazon. They are very handy and I love to share this idea with others at the range.

Parachute bag

E7E19DBC-588D-4DD3-A50E-43E688681D7B.jpeg

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    And, for something that has worked out for me for targets, and this will be dependent upon the shooter and sighting system, I have found these black stick on labels, 2x3” on a piece of printer paper work well for me with iron sights (handguns mostly) out to around 25 yards. They worked well last week shooting a 22 at 100 with a 12x scope also. They make them in a variety of sizes and colors so you can find what works best for you.

Target stickers

just a random pic from last week of working up a 9mm load.
    FCFB3E6B-1D40-425B-9654-C61D8DEC01C4.jpeg

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    i use a midway competition range bag.
    electronic muffs and electronic plugs, glasses, ammo that i'm using that day, mag loader/unloader for each gun.
    towel to wipe sweat, pair of leather palm gloves, rosin bag.
    i use tandemkross pistol bags for my rimfire pistols.
    tandemkross rifle bags for my PCC and RFRO,
    ruger bag for my RFRI,
    midway bankers bag for my open pistol.
    in each bag i have a container with spare batteries, whatever small tools are specific to each gun.
    small container with spare light pipes for HIVIZ sights, and extra dot modules for my red dots.
    haul it all around in a collapsible wagon and my folding chair.

i shoot steel challenge, rimfire challenge, rimfire falling steel, and outlaw steel matches

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I use an old camera bag. Lots of pockets on the front/top/side, and enough room inside for eyes, ears, 6 boxes of handgun ammo, uplula loader. Front pocket contains my J-clips and ammo strips, and I always take a cleaning rod. More than 40 years ago, I was using a range 20 miles from home, and fired a squib .41 Mag that lodged in the forcing cone, preventing the cylinder from opening. I had to leave. A simple cleaning rod would have solved my problem. By the way, I still have the errant projectile.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    started getting stuff together for a match next Saturday, and snapped a couple of pics

Attachments

• IMG_0029.jpg
      IMG_0029.jpg
      440.1 KB · Views: 16
    • IMG_0030.JPG
      IMG_0030.JPG
      509.9 KB · Views: 16

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I use an old black Midway marked range bag, 20+ years old. Like everyone else I carry a bunch of mags, rimfire ammo, tools, cleaning, pasters, target labels, stapler and a box of staples, and generally 5 to 25 lbs of brass we just can't seem to leave for others to pick up.
    It gets emptied every few range trips but never seems to get sorted for some reason.
    My sons bags are about the same with gallon bags of ammo added to the mix.

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    I’ve been using a 3 tier method.
    - Pistol bag
    - Rifle bag
    - Range box

IMG_5703.jpeg
    Allen range bag, carries 4 handguns
    - ammo
    - mags
    - backup ear pro
    - multi tool
    - magazine loaders
    - 22 conversion kit.

IMG_5722.jpeg
    Blackhawk rifle case. Going on 9 years of use now
    - mags
    - ammo
    - cleaning kit
    - batteries
    - tools
    - backup ear pro
    - spare parts, backup BCG
    - optics cover
    - sling

IMG_5724.jpeg

Range box, good way of reusing a cool ammo crate I had laying around. It always accompanies me wether I’m shooting long guns or handguns.
    - sand bags
    - bed sheet for catching brass
    - cleaning rod
    - stapler / staples
    - tool kit
    - tape
    - targets
    - backup ear pro / electronic ear pro
    - markers
    - spray paint (not pictured)
    - bag for collecting brass
    IMG_5723.jpeg

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans

What does your range bag/kit look like?​

Which one? One looks a lot like a golf cart with an old Plano tackle box on it, one looks like a Chevy truck with an old Plano tackle box on the seat. Then my favorite is me on the feed cart heading out to feed with my side arm on my belt…..with an old Plano tackle box setting on top of a few bags of feed. So you’re gonna have to narrow it down a bit.

:lmfao:

:stickpoke:

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw

Bought one of these in new condition at a garage sale for $40. Great range bag. Also take a tool box with gun tools/cleaning kit and ammo can with the day's ammo. Have a seperate bag for my spotting scopes.

One item that comes in handy is a brass rod for knocking out squib loads or stuck cases. Has happened a few times. Having a rod saves going back home to clear an obstruction.

Top Bottom