• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Currently carry a glock 19 but looking to maybe venture out. Have shot the S&W M&P and enjoyed those but looking for other ideas.
    EDC for many years...keys, knife, wallet, cell phone, etc. I've also carried a variety of pistols and revolvers in various calibers over the years...but have settled into .40 S&W and .45 acp over the past 12+ years...with an occasional step down into 9mm. Lately, I've been carrying a S&W M&P Shield in .40 S&W...and recently picked up a .357SIG barrel for it but have yet to take it to the range and dump a few rounds through it to see how it even shoots in that caliber.

Last edited:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Currently carry a glock 19 but looking to maybe venture out. Have shot the S&W M&P and enjoyed those but looking for other ideas.
    Welcome to INGO.

Great choice with the G19, excellent handgun and probably one of the most carried for quite some time.

I've been carrying for almost 20 years now and it is amazing how different the choices are now from 20 years ago!

Blows my mind the options out there that are the same or close to the same capacity as the trusty old G19, but considerably smaller. That being said, many of the micro 9s can take some practice to be as proficient with.

My EDC...rotation of: sig 365(with wilson combat X grip module), Glock 43, and occasionally still the Glock 27.

Good luck with your search for something new, alot of great options out there. Good thing is you are well equipped now with your current choice, so I recommend take your time and explore as many options as you can. If possible, shoot as many as you can as well to get an idea if you like it or not.

One other thing to consider...grip length. While the current offerings of micro 9s are nice, they can also cause you to need to brush up on your draw. If you are used to a G19 and go to say a hellcat, big difference in the amount of grip to get a good purchase on when drawing from the holster.

montiray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2023
    Monticello
    Welcome to INGO.

Great choice with the G19, excellent handgun and probably one of the most carried for quite some time.

I've been carrying for almost 20 years now and it is amazing how different the choices are now from 20 years ago!

Blows my mind the options out there that are the same or close to the same capacity as the trusty old G19, but considerably smaller. That being said, many of the micro 9s can take some practice to be as proficient with.

My EDC...rotation of: sig 365(with wilson combat X grip module), Glock 43, and occasionally still the Glock 27.

Good luck with your search for something new, alot of great options out there. Good thing is you are well equipped now with your current choice, so I recommend take your time and explore as many options as you can. If possible, shoot as many as you can as well to get an idea if you like it or not.

One other thing to consider...grip length. While the current offerings of micro 9s are nice, they can also cause you to need to brush up on your draw. If you are used to a G19 and go to say a hellcat, big difference in the amount of grip to get a good purchase on when drawing from the holster.
    Have been looking at some of the Sigs. I'm not a big guy so something a little smaller then the 19 would be little easier to conceal. I AIWB and I say it's noticeable but my wife says she never can tell if I'm carrying or not

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Have been looking at some of the Sigs. I'm not a big guy so something a little smaller then the 19 would be little easier to conceal. I AIWB and I say it's noticeable but my wife says she never can tell if I'm carrying or not
    Your wife is probably right. 99.5% of people would not notice it unless it was taped to your forehead. 15% wouldn't notice it even if it was. A cop might know what to look for, but you might need to be doing something dumb to get him/her to look.

When I first started to carry, I was sure that everyone could see the gun no matter how hard I tried to conceal it. It took almost a decade for me to become absolutely comfortable with the idea that nobody cares enough to scrutinize the folds of my clothing.

I carry a full to mid-size pistol (P226 or P229) OWB under a jacket in the winter or an untucked shirt in the summer. Nobody notices.

Top Bottom