What brand of pickup truck do you drive?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What brand(s) of pickup truck do you drive?

• Total voters

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Is that even legal? In Colorado or Washington, maybe...but in Indiana?

Im pretty sure rabbits are allowed to drive in Indiana, so yes.

driving.jpg

Bunny gets pulled over quite often though, because cops are not used to see rabbits driving.

bunny-motorcycle.jpg

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    I drive a Tundra, My son works at the assembly plant in southern Indiana so I get the discount. It's the best truck I've ever owned, I've drove 1500's, 2500 HD's, F150's, & F250's.

Top 8 "Most American" Trucks for 2014 | Edmunds.com

Currently driving a Chevy Avalanche but waiting to give it to my son as he starts driving so I can buy a Tundra :rockwoot:
    Thanks for the link above. Good info

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    99 GMC Sierra z71 1500 275k and still going! original engine, on the first rebuild on transmission. Original AC compressor and alternator. Rebuilt rearend (bearings). Bought it when it had 82k on it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I checked "Dodge" even though technically Dodge doesn't make a truck any longer. "Ram" is its own brand under the Chrysler umbrella, like Jeep.

I have no brand loyalty when it comes to vehicles. My current truck is a 2012 Ram, and it replaced a 1999 Ford Super Duty. I'd really planned to buy an F-150, but the exterior styling and the Hemi, along with high quiet and comfortable the ride was, got me into seriously considering the Ram. The price difference and the lifetime bumper to bumper warranty sealed the deal.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Well I am the Ford guy. I have worked on a lot of vehicles. Chevy is good but it seems lighter duty than the crap I put my Fords through. Even my buddy was telling me the other day "man you are rough on vehicles" I told him I don't push them as hard as I push myself. I bought an 88 F250 new. It has about 215,000 on it and I have ran a plow since it was new. Rust has eaten it up pretty bad. As any vehicle around here. I think I have replaced brake lines at least 4 times. I finally put a dump bed on it this year. Was hauling dirt and did the math. She was running rough and realized I had 4 yards in it. Probably 10,000 lbs including the dump bed. I think I hauled 40 truck loads that way. I have my Grandfathers 72 F100, and my new truck a 97 F250 powerstroke with 279,000 miles on it. Runs nice.

For some reason I have always seen a lot of electrical problems on the Dodge vehicles. Pop a hood on any Mopar and you will find 4 fuse boxes and close to 100 fuses. A lot of Mopar people I talk to seem to have something goofy with their electrics.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I used to have a Tundra and liked the thing a lot. I now drive an F150 and, while I like it more than my Tundra, I do wish Ford would do a better job of in cab stowage. The Tundra had a set of compartments below the rear seats that I could keep all of my tie downs, tow straps, tools, tarps and even an occasional pistol tucked nicely away. The F150 just has seat frames and all of that stuff migrates out onto the floor boards eventually, cluttering the back of the truck.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom