What brand and type of bullets do you use for USPSA?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Hahaha. When I set up my press, and check it, I average 8 throws, and that's the quantity I aim for. :):

math is hard. I do 10 and slide the decimal. If the ave. is +/- .02 of where I want to be I call it good (or +/- 0.2 for all 10). Trying to dial the Dillon measure in better than that is an exercise in frustration/futility. Heck, even at that level of precision I'm usually cursing my OCD as I fiddle...

-rvb

Last edited:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    math is hard. I do 10 and slide the decimal. If the ave. is +/- .02 of where I want to be I call it good (or +/- 0.2 for all 10). Trying to dial the Dillon measure in better than that is an exercise in frustration/futility. Heck, even at that level of precision I'm usually cursing my OCD as I fiddle...

-rvb

Understood, but mine seems to do pretty durn well with titegroup. But not so good with stuff like Clay Dot, and I have not quantified durn very far east of the decimal point.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Understood, but mine seems to do pretty durn well with titegroup. But not so good with stuff like Clay Dot, and I have not quantified durn very far east of the decimal point.

don't get me wrong, the Dillon does awesome w/ TG. I consistently get single-digit SD. I once got zero SD at a match (and was accused of counting every flake)!. But it's hard to move it in such small increments (.2 over 10 throws is moving less than the thread backlash). I keep saying I'm going to add one of those uniquetech micrometers.... been saying that for, oh, 12 yrs now...

-rvb

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have used lots and lots of different bullets
    Montana Gold
    Rainiers
    Bayou
    BBI
    Bulletworks
    Berry's
    Precision Bullets
    Magnus Bullets
    Zero Bullets
    SNS Casting
    and some others

Many if not all of those companies have supported and sponsored at some level not just our local major matches but lots and lots of major matches
    Almost all of those companies offer some type of quantity discount
    Everyone for the most part that I dealt with all those companies has been great to speak with, answer questions and have for the most part good shipping services.

However none of them have supported all the major matches here in Indiana like SNS Casting has. Jim and Ryan Stinar have donated certificates in excess of $10k over the last several years, they have driven tons (literally)of bullets here to matches for competitor pick up and have sponsored several shooters as well, including me.

Everyone is going to give you advise on what they prefer and shoot, I like SNS Casting because they support us, have a great product, great selection and great shipping services, which you are going to find with most of the companies.
    Pick one, shoot it, see what you like.

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Montana Gold in my open gun. Zero in my single stack and limited but I have been shooting some SNS coated in my single stack and the last 2000 I ordered was free shipping. I will probably try them in my limited gun next especially if their shipping is free.

Top Bottom