What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    After watching all of The Expanse, I have to say, it is the GREATEST science fiction series to date! Yes, it beats Firefly.

I’m trying to get into it. At what point does it get interesting?

I'm with jamil on this. I've tried a couple times to get into it but lost interest. I still have hope because I've had a couple series where I failed to get interested but others talked me into sticking with it and it ended up being GREAT. (Longmire sp?, and Peaky Blinders, and Man in the High Castle were all that way for me.)
    So, tell me it gets better, it is worth sticking to it and I'll probably add this one to the list. I do love me some Sci-Fi

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Currently on Expanse S4 and yes, Longmire is fantastic.

Okay, so if I'm starting with Expanse S1, when does it start getting good? I'm several episodes in and I'm just not feelin' it yet. If you say, nah, it doesn't get good til episode 7 or whatever, I could stick it out. If you say 3 or 4, I'm like already past so I'm probably not gonna dig this one and should cut my losses.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    The Expanse. Don't compare it to the books, however. Gives me hope for humanity that 300 years from now the whole binary gender thing seems to have subsided/been settled. And lots of people have guns. Apparently Mike Bloomberg will lose the 2020 election...

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Okay, so if I'm starting with Expanse S1, when does it start getting good? I'm several episodes in and I'm just not feelin' it yet. If you say, nah, it doesn't get good til episode 7 or whatever, I could stick it out. If you say 3 or 4, I'm like already past so I'm probably not gonna dig this one and should cut my losses.

It took me a bit longer than 3-4 episodes to get into Expanse as well. I was watching Dark Matter at the same time & like DM better at first. DM is gone now though. Boo!
    I re-watched a lot of S3 before starting S4. I'm ~3 episodes into S4.

Lost in Space season 2 is just around the corner. I hope it's as good as S1.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It took me a bit longer than 3-4 episodes to get into Expanse as well. I was watching Dark Matter at the same time & like DM better at first. DM is gone now though. Boo!
    I re-watched a lot of S3 before starting S4. I'm ~3 episodes into S4.

Lost in Space season 2 is just around the corner. I hope it's as good as S1.

LIS was another one I couldn’t get into. I didn’t make it past episode 2. I’ll give Expanse another few episodes.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think The Expanse is great, but didn't make it past the second episode of Lost In Space. I might give it another go as I'm not sure why I stopped watching it.

What did it for me was that it just seemed stupid. I kept asking myself, "why am I watching this?"

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Finally got to Mindhunter on Netflix. It's been praised here but bears repeating. I like how it is focused more on thecagents and origin of profiling.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    We dropped Netflix and added Disney, NatGeo, Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars and downloaded Tubi Tv (which is free and awesome)...

Last night we watched Togo and I can't recommend enough....Defoe was awesome in it....

[video=youtube;IUOiouEIf2k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUOiouEIf2k[/video]

2Q==
    2Q==
    2Q==
    images
    images
    images
    Togo-poster-600x750-1.jpg
    9k=

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    We just started The Witcher. I dunno.

Same here. For one thing, they keep rattling off names of places and things like I'm supposed to know what they're talking about. It's like I stumbled into the middle of something even though it's the first episode. Even when I ignore that, there's something else about it I just can't quite put my finger on that makes it hard to watch.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Same here. For one thing, they keep rattling off names of places and things like I'm supposed to know what they're talking about. It's like I stumbled into the middle of something even though it's the first episode. Even when I ignore that, there's something else about it I just can't quite put my finger on that makes it hard to watch.

In the little bit I did see it seemed like they had a hard time keeping it in whatever time period this was supposed to happen. The dude running around singing always sounded much more modern than he should.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Same here, can't get through first episode.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    With time off for Christmas, I finally got through the expanse. Turns out it’s really good. It usually takes 2 or 3 episodes in a series to get past enough of the initial expositional stuff for it to get interesting. It wasn’t that this series was slow moving, it was more that it has a complicated plot which takes awhile to establish everything. But really smart writing. Worth the 5 or 6 episodes it took to get into it.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Enjoying The Witcher so far. Definitely not easy to get into if you're not someone familiar with the books or games... but if you have an open mind to fantasy shows it shouldn't be too hard to enjoy. I think the time-jumps are a little jarring, though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom