• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shooter5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Indiana
    I’m currently reading “The Rifle” By marine vet, Andrew Biggio. It is combat stories of WW2 vets around the M1 Garand. Well written and chock full of great WW2 stories by very brave men!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm reading Revealing Revelation by Amir Tsarfati. Very interesting take on the book of Revelation in the Bible.

1654548350568.png

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I have had some windshield time lately, so I have been going back and revisiting some books that I either read in my youth or wish I had read.

Found this one on an audible:

IMG_2674.jpg

It's basically a collection of short stories of a kid being taught lessons by his grandfather. They were originally written as a series of articles for Field and Stream through 1961.

It's been enjoyable!

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I have had some windshield time lately, so I have been going back and revisiting some books that I either read in my youth or wish I had read.

Found this one on an audible:

View attachment 212482

It's basically a collection of short stories of a kid being taught lessons by his grandfather. They were originally written as a series of articles for Field and Stream through 1961.

It's been enjoyable!
    The Lost Classics is a good follow up to those two. It has more of the "Old Man and the Boy" stories that did not make it into those two.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Not light reading, but fascinating. I'm about 1/2 way through.

i-2ZD3gbx-XL.jpg

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    Until recently, I was never much of a reader. Once i got out of school, I'd go thru phases where I'd read a few books (usually biographies, autobiographies, or non-fiction books about history, finance, or religion), then I'd get bored and not read anyhing for months/years.

In February i started using the Libby library app on my tablet, and really hit my stride. I realized that I actually enjoy reading, but I have a "type". I'm not (too) ashamed to admit that I almost exclusively read sci-fi novels that have been adapted into tv shows or movies.

Some of my favorites from the last few months were Station Eleven, The Martian, the four Hunger Games books, Jurassic Park, and Ready Player One. Right now I'm reading Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, and I've got Asimov's "I, Robot" lined up next.

:coffee:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Until recently, I was never much of a reader. Once i got out of school, I'd go thru phases where I'd read a few books (usually biographies, autobiographies, or non-fiction books about history, finance, or religion), then I'd get bored and not read anyhing for months/years.

In February i started using the Libby library app on my tablet, and really hit my stride. I realized that I actually enjoy reading, but I have a "type". I'm not (too) ashamed to admit that I almost exclusively read sci-fi novels that have been adapted into tv shows or movies.

Some of my favorites from the last few months were Station Eleven, The Martian, the four Hunger Games books, Jurassic Park, and Ready Player One. Right now I'm reading Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, and I've got Asimov's "I, Robot" lined up next.

:coffee:
    If you like sci-fi, look into Dan Simmons. I loved the Illium series. Almost like a cross between Greek mythology and sci-fi. Also, the Hyperion series is very good!

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    If you like sci-fi, look into Dan Simmons. I loved the Illium series. Almost like a cross between Greek mythology and sci-fi. Also, the Hyperion series is very good!
    I've already got 50+ books on my list to read, but I'm tearing through them fast enough that I'm always looking for more. I appreciate the suggestions.

Top Bottom