What are people likely to do with their AR pistols after Augusts rule change?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    And to the Spiderman scene gif poster - yeah, I am serious.

You're just going to not listen? Cool. I'm happy you have that kind of testicular fortitude.

4965D391-1C52-4327-9768-6291810ABECA.jpeg B7561789-F88C-409E-91F5-7DA2B25632B0.jpeg

Testicular fortitude? Yes. It’s called being a citizen patriot, governed by the Constitution, not by man.

You think they’re going to stop at AR pistols? They want the whole enchilada. If they get this one, the rest of them go, sooner rather than later. You don’t have to worry about taking the pistol or the rifle to the flat range, because you won’t be allowed to anymore.

You either play on the flat range right now, cuck out when they come calling, or get plenty of practice on the hot range later. The choice is up to all of us individually. As for me, I have forefathers who fought and died for liberty. I have a legacy to maintain.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Frankly, I expect to see a LOT of non-compliance with AFTs new rulez. Perhaps mostly from ignorance, but a significant portion willingly. Possibly expanding to include non-compliance with other long established rulez.

As @rooster and @jagee mention, when they administratively make millions of gun owners potential felons overnight where's the remaining incentive to color between the lines?

Don't get me wrong, it's unlikely to be a groundswell of "I'll do whatever I want" but there's going to be a percentage that decides: In for a penny, in for a pound.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Because I asked a question I'm a glow n.. nevermind.

I forgot why I avoid the politics on these kinds of forums.

Everyone's atf, cia, popo, and every question glows in the dark. RIP Terry.
    When you suddenly get active on an old account asking if people plan on being felons that’s what people think.

**** the feds, they are unconstitutional and so are these rules. Bruen created a constitutionality test that that these laws can’t pass and the West Virginia vs epa case established that a federal agency cannot regulate something out of existence without congress giving them the authority.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And unfortunately we have to wait until it kicks in before asking courts to strike it down due to Bruen, Heller, et. al.

And OP grow some thicker skin. I took it in jest. I don’t think they are really serious.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    View attachment 214952 View attachment 214951

Testicular fortitude? Yes. It’s called being a citizen patriot, governed by the Constitution, not by man.

You think they’re going to stop at AR pistols? They want the whole enchilada. If they get this one, the rest of them go, sooner rather than later. You don’t have to worry about taking the pistol or the rifle to the flat range, because you won’t be allowed to anymore.

You either play on the flat range right now, cuck out when they come calling, or get plenty of practice on the hot range later. The choice is up to all of us individually. As for me, I have forefathers who fought and died for liberty. I have a legacy to maintain.
    I'm well aware they want it all.

I hope you and the other keyboard warriors are WELL stocked for your final showdown.

I'll be waiting for when there's more than a few thousand people that are willing to do what you talk about.

For me, this just isn't the hill.

If the BS that just went through the house makes it through the senate? I'm with what you say 100%. But not over the pistol ban. I just don't think many are going to ignore it like you sat.

Maybe I just think losing my life by bringing an AR that's 2" too short to the range isn't going to be worth it.

I felt like this was going to be the standard answer.

Don't take me the wrong way, either. I'm happy you realize we aren't going to simply be able to "vote our way out of this" - because those days are long long gone.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    From the concurring opinion in west virgina vs epa and IMO it perfectly sums up the unconstitutionally of ATF mandates coming down during democratic presidency’s in response to democrat failures to get an AWB put in place.

“When Congress seems slow to solve problems, it may be only natural that those in the Executive Branch might seek to take matters into their own hands. But the Constitution does not authorize agencies to use pen-and-phone regula- tions as substitutes for laws passed by the people’s repre- sentatives. In our Republic, “t is the peculiar province of the legislature to prescribe general rules for the govern- ment of society.” Fletcher v. Peck, 6 Cranch 87, 136 (1810). Because today’s decision helps safeguard that foundational constitutional promise, I am pleased to concur.”

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Some topics are better left alone on a pro-2A local gun forum. :xmad:

We should leave the discussion of 'sault rifle :rolleyes: bans, braces, and other "what if's" to the inexperienced gun nuts/haters on social media sites.

Why concede that some dem's wish is a given. Plenty of time for discussion when there is a real threat, one that we didn't help them discover?

Why give the ever watching anti's fuel for their fires? Why give them their next target and talking point? Why tell them what we are actually concerned about?

Some don't get this, but they should... :nono:

Last edited:

TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    How many millions of “braced” guns have been sold? I’ve heard many millions of “braces” sold. I consider myself fairly in tune with whatever unconstitutional nonsense they are doing and even I was unaware that they actually set this little :poop: to go active already. There will be literally hundreds of thousands if not a few million people who have no idea about the “law” at all.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Some topics are better left alone on a pro-2A local gun forum. :xmad:

We should leave the discussion of 'sault rifle :rolleyes: bans, braces, and other "what if's" to the inexperienced gun nuts/haters on social media sites.

Why concede that some dem's wish is a given. Plenty of time for discussion when there is a real threat, one that we didn't help them discover?

Why give the ever watching anti's fuel for their fires? Why give them their next target and talking point? Why tell them what we are actually concerned about?

Some don't get this, but they should... :nono:
    This is something the ATF has been talking about for over a year - TELLING US its coming.

I'm not bringing up something they want, saying it's inevitable and to just go with it and give up your guns and 2A altpgether.

I'm simply asking what the board thinks people are going to do after it comes and pointing out in my extremely limited perspective it appears that well more than most gun owners seem to either be not caring, or unaware.

Not asking what I should do, how to hide something, if you're hiding something, where you're hiding your AR pistol, which lake you dropped yours in on accident, how many you have that you aren't turning in and where you live... etc

Just asking opinions on what people here think is going to happen in reality for most owners. The typical response is the keyboard warrior revolutionary response saying they're never giving an inch away. The reality, however, doesn't match that reply for an extreme majority of people who type that.

But aside from this post not really going along the lines of your comment - I absolutely agree with you that we should keep some of the discussion to a minimum lest we give them more ideas on what to put into writing.

Top Bottom