• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Jackson County
    Just had to go to the bank and cancel my grandmother's account for her because some scam artists got a hold of her account number and were charging her every month.

The good thing is that we caught it soon enough that all of my grandmother's money will be refunded. The bad thing is that I now have to call all the companies that direct deposit or withdraw from her account to set up the new account information. What a great day; at least I was there to catch it, otherwise who knows how much they would have gotten.

:ranton:

Darkstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Jackson County
    Glad you caught it sooner rather than later. Have they been able to trace or identify who was responsible?

I know who it is and notified the customer service reps at the bank about them too. The BBB has gotten several complaints about them. They claim to offer discounts for medicines and so forth, but all they do is get the account numbers and and start charging. I guess they target the elderly who are supposedly less likely to look at their account activity.

nkdninjafrog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Muncie
    thats awful! what is the name of this company? i feel like its something that should be spread around so people are aware of it. dirtbags that take advantage of old people deserve to be beat.

Darkstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Jackson County
    thats awful! what is the name of this company? i feel like its something that should be spread around so people are aware of it. dirtbags that take advantage of old people deserve to be beat.

They call themselves the "Card Benefit Services," or CBS. Their number is 770-217-2929 (at least the one they used for me, they may have more.) They are based out of Georgia from what I have read.

Darkstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Jackson County
    Another thing to watch out for is that they will have a number listed for the withdraw, but if you call you will get an "agent" who "doesn't handle accounts, but will surely pass your name and phone number on to someone who will call you back." They even have an "account number" posted with the withdraw to make it look more official.

Top Bottom