• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    I went to First Merchants Bank in Lapel today to set up a checking account with my daughter. I have OC'd in this bank several times and noone has ever said a word. I was OC'ing today as well. So after all the paperwork I stood up and shook the young man's hand that was helping me and he said " I don't know if anyone has ever said this to you or not but I appreciate you exercising your second amendmentrights". I said thank you and we were on our way.

+1 for First Merchants in Lapel
    +5 for the young man who not only recognized my right to carry but encouraged it.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    First Merchants seems to be pretty cool about citizen carry. I had positive comments in both the Mooresville Branch on 67 and the one in Morgantown.

The Mooresville encounter was funny. I was at one teller booth and another customer walked up to my right at another booth. He kinda flinched when he looked at my XDm and said a little huffy "Well, you don't see that every day",

His teller ask him what he was talking about and he goes, "the guy next to me has a gun".

My teller pipes in and says "So what?, I'd carry if the bank would let me"

"hmmpf," says the guy, " I didn't think that was legal. "

His teller says, "Oh yeah, I've had my license to carry for years!"

The guy just hung his head and sheepishly left. I never even said a word to him. :):

After he was gone, I had a short, but pleasant conversation with the two ladies and thanked them for supporting our rights.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    +1 for them. The First Merchants in Franklin and South side of Greenwood have posted no firearms on the door. CC no one cares.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I've carried several times in the Huntington bank in Fishers and never had a bad experience there. I have heard others say they have had issues at two other branches though.
    Guess it just depends on the neighborhood. :dunno:

jbdhere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Floyd County
    I also had positive comments at the Chase Bank in Floyds Knobs.
    We have lots of out in the open supports and many more in the background supports.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I've carried several times in the Huntington bank in Fishers and never had a bad experience there. I have heard others say they have had issues at two other branches though.
    Guess it just depends on the neighborhood. :dunno:

I am also a Huntington Customer ... They have policy of putting up the 'no-gun' automatic doors if a branch is robbed ... how do I know?

well I went to one once like this; had to use the drive thru - then I got a call about 'how was I treated' - so I complained about the stupidity; I got a call from the branch or regional manager to explain the policy.

I said I disagreed. - Personally - I wish all employees carried like at the LGS's. but that's just me ... :)

anyway - other than at those locations - To my knowledge you're GTG.

Top Bottom