• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt1860

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2017
    Tell City
    You never know what you may fine each show is different. To me it is like hunting, if you sit home you know your not going to get anything. You are not going to find what you want at every show but if you dont go you dont know. I dont like the crowds but ussually go when i can.

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    I love going to the gun show when I can and have some fun money, last gun show I bought 500rds of 223 ammo and some ar15 magazines and some shirts, and as always I love drooling over all the guns, planning on going in January

Cbrs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2017
    brownsburg
    I agree. There was a guy selling a mosin, which the previous owner had spray painted with 900 rounds of ammo and about 100 armor piercing rounds. He told me it was a tikka (spelling). Didn't know what that meant at the time, but sure wish I bought the rifle for the $300 price tag he had on it.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Don't feel bad Cbrs..
    Don't you remember when you could buy a 7.62x54R Mosin Nagant for $50 brand new all day long.. I do..

The above observation kind of reminds me of the $90.00 SKS w/ ammo days. Crates of them...your choice. Seemed like every vendor at the 1500 had them back in the 80's.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    I might possibly get to go to this show for the first time in January. I was suppose to meet up with a friend this week that I haven't seen in a couple years, but his work schedule ruined that so we decided we are going to try and hang out at the show.

dcarcher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2017
    Anderson
    I love going to the Indy 1500, I make sure to go a couple times a year now that I've got my LTCH and have purchased a small collection of guns... I hope to trade off some AK accessories and maybe look at some knives.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This will be my first time going to the 1500. The Tactical Shooters Alliance (two gun competition) guys have a table set up and asked me to tag along. I will definitely have to try to find this INGO booth.

We will post up our location. It always moves the last few shows.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This will be my first time going to the 1500. The Tactical Shooters Alliance (two gun competition) guys have a table set up and asked me to tag along. I will definitely have to try to find this INGO booth.

We will post up our location. It always moves the last few shows.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    My son and I hope to go on Sunday the 14th. I am taking my mint Remington 870 Wing Master 12 ga SuperMagnum. Looking to maybe trade for a equally mint Winchester pre-64 model 94. Will just see what happens? Not holding out much hope that anything will actually materialize though as the old adage at the gun shows goes "Their crap is stuff, and your stuff is crap".

Wolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    New Albany
    Hi folks! I've never been to the 1500 but think I'm going to make the trip next week and check it out...I can't find the admission price, about $15 a head to get in? Any tips for a first time attendee? I have to ride a mobility scooter when I have lots of walking to do... Are the isles wide enough to get around ok? Some smaller shows I go to are not set up well for isle space... Looking forward to the trip!

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Hi folks! I've never been to the 1500 but think I'm going to make the trip next week and check it out...I can't find the admission price, about $15 a head to get in? Any tips for a first time attendee? I have to ride a mobility scooter when I have lots of walking to do... Are the isles wide enough to get around ok? Some smaller shows I go to are not set up well for isle space... Looking forward to the trip!

The 1500 in my opinion is and can be a good time. Again, just my opinion.I know others on here differ in their thoughts, but that is okay. I never go with any preconceived notions of what I will or will not find at the show. I just go with the flow with intentions of just enjoying the environment (less the B.O and crop dusters). Lets start with cost. The last I knew it was $12.00 a head(unless you have a $1.00 of coupon). Parking fee is $5.00, unless you park on the street, which you mention a mobility chair so that will most likely not be an option for you. Now about the mobility chair and " Are the isles wide enough to get around ok? " Yes...and no. The main isle down the middle you will probably not have to much trouble? The side isles they can be (and usually are) as our drill sergeants used to say when lining us up "make your buddy smile" yes...that close. Hope this helps? Just remember...go with the flow. Enjoy!

Wolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    New Albany
    The 1500 in my opinion is and can be a good time. Again, just my opinion.I know others on here differ in their thoughts, but that is okay. I never go with any preconceived notions of what I will or will not find at the show. I just go with the flow with intentions of just enjoying the environment (less the B.O and crop dusters). Lets start with cost. The last I knew it was $12.00 a head(unless you have a $1.00 of coupon). Parking fee is $5.00, unless you park on the street, which you mention a mobility chair so that will most likely not be an option for you. Now about the mobility chair and " Are the isles wide enough to get around ok? " Yes...and no. The main isle down the middle you will probably not have to much trouble? The side isles they can be (and usually are) as our drill sergeants used to say when lining us up "make your buddy smile" yes...that close. Hope this helps? Just remember...go with the flow. Enjoy!

Excellent. Thank you. I'm looking forward to it... I might even take a couple of pistols along just in case I feel the urge to trade... That happens occasionally... :)

Crittersdad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2018
    Jasonville
    : Went to INDY 1500 Gun & Knife Show

I was there many moons ago.
    I was impressed and had a good time looking and drooling.
    I bought a couple of non gun related things mostly chocolate for my wife.:cool:

Top Bottom