• Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Funny funny Photoshops!

But, a couple of things.

1) I take it as a positive that the president posed with a shotgun. Whether it's real or imagined, it shows support for gun rights. Add that to Biden's comments about shotguns, and the the libs who want to ban guns have lost the two most powerful voices in their favor.

2) Choke tubes are used for skeet. I used to shoot the same Citori for trap and skeet and only changed tubes for the different sports. The missing gold on the lower tube is curious...to say the least. And the smoke looks a little strange for the venting.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Funny funny Photoshops!

But, a couple of things.

1) I take it as a positive that the president posed with a shotgun. Whether it's real or imagined, it shows support for gun rights.

It shows nothing of the sort. It simply is meant to "prove" that he will tolerate firearms (expensive ones) that have a "legitimate sporting purpose." Don't fall into the trap - no matter who lays the trap, it will still spring just the same.

Lodogg2221

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Kokomo
    Yea I see that, just clarifying about the cynergy. I can't figure it out. Unless a skeet choke tube is vented and the gun is the Citori? I've never used a choke to shoot skeet.

I completely understand. Right now I can't afford a Mossberg lol.

If you have ever fired a shotgun you used a choke. Maybe it didnt have removable tubes, but it did have a choke.

That particular tube is either a Browning Midas grade tube (Ive got a few of those myself), or a Briley color coded tube, except the Briley tubes are silver with a colored band where the Midas tubes are black, like the one pictured. There just arent many extended tubes with a colored ring on the end of them. From the look of the gun, it appears to be a Browning or Winchester (which are made by Browning these days). The cut of the wood looks VERY similar to my Winchester Supreme Sporting, but I cant see any detail on the receiver as mine has a raised portion.

And the ends of most sporting guns are ported these days....

I still cant figure out though why there is so much smoke.
    Ive fired literally thousands upon thousands of rounds of 12ga, and in the presence of many other shooters on skeet, trap, and sporting clays courses and have never seen anything like that out of anyones gun.

I have seen something similar from Hollywood though.
    Maybe he is shooting blanks. Would also account for the very shallow, almost non-existent angle of the gun, since shooting blanks would mean no target.

Lots of interesting speculation though....it is a very odd picture, especially to those of us who made a habit at one time of shooting at clay targets on a regular basis.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    There are a number of problems with this picture. Only one external choke tube rather than two. The effect of the "smoke" is problematic. The gun is most likely ported, that is the barrel has had holes drills to relieve perceived recoil and minimize muzzle jump. But the "gas" is escaping only on one side. Unless Obama is shooting station 7 there is no place on the skeet range where the gun is level. Of course, he could most probably be a really bad shot and not be coming anywhere close to a standard target.
    Since Obama has admitted to smoking marijuana in his past I assume he would answer in the affirmative on Form 4473 if he attempted to purchase a firearm and would, therefore, be denied purchase. Quite an interesting ploy to convince us all that he is a stalwart proponent of the Second Amendment. I say B.S.

Last edited:

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Either that or a Winchester Supreme.

Either way though, its only got ONE choke tube in, so he definitely cant claim to be shooting skeet.
    And maybe its just the time the pic was taken, but thats a WHOLE lot of smoke. Ive never seen that except for the few black powder shells I shot for fun one night at a 5-stand shoot.
    The other 10K plus had no noticeable smoke.

Those are no doubt 'Hollywood loads". Black powder (and not much at that) small charges blank shells...hence the abundance of smoke and lack of recoil.

Probably sounds like a rabbit fart when it goes off.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    obangaandbugs.jpg
    obangaandbugs.jpg
    obangaandbugs.jpg
    obangaandbugs.jpg

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    What I find funny is just by saying "don't photoshop it" results in more people doing just that than otherwise would likely have happened.

IMHO it's a staged picture if not outright fake.

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    If you have ever fired a shotgun you used a choke. Maybe it didnt have removable tubes, but it did have a choke.

That particular tube is either a Browning Midas grade tube (Ive got a few of those myself), or a Briley color coded tube, except the Briley tubes are silver with a colored band where the Midas tubes are black, like the one pictured. There just arent many extended tubes with a colored ring on the end of them. From the look of the gun, it appears to be a Browning or Winchester (which are made by Browning these days). The cut of the wood looks VERY similar to my Winchester Supreme Sporting, but I cant see any detail on the receiver as mine has a raised portion.

And the ends of most sporting guns are ported these days....

I still cant figure out though why there is so much smoke.
    Ive fired literally thousands upon thousands of rounds of 12ga, and in the presence of many other shooters on skeet, trap, and sporting clays courses and have never seen anything like that out of anyones gun.

I have seen something similar from Hollywood though.
    Maybe he is shooting blanks. Would also account for the very shallow, almost non-existent angle of the gun, since shooting blanks would mean no target.

Lots of interesting speculation though....it is a very odd picture, especially to those of us who made a habit at one time of shooting at clay targets on a regular basis.

I have indeed shot a few shotguns, but all of them older. pre-1990. I've never removed a choke and put in another one. Grandpas old shotguns all had their individual purpose for hunting. As far as newer sport guns being ported at the end , I had no idea, very good info to know! I completely agree with "Hollywood" blanks. Sad that the President has to resort to yet even more fake to try to calm the public.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    It shows nothing of the sort. It simply is meant to "prove" that he will tolerate firearms (expensive ones) that have a "legitimate sporting purpose." Don't fall into the trap - no matter who lays the trap, it will still spring just the same.

Looks like we disagree. I refuse to fall into the paranoia on both ends of the political spectrum.

Top Bottom