• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sthunter987

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Southern Johnson County
    After 7 yrs I finally found the ghost. American made. Picked her on Gunbroker just yesterday. Didn't have the correct grips but I made do with some I had. Any feedback would be great. Sadly though I now must part with my backup 96A1 Vertec Beretta (Italy), so if anyone's looking ill posted her in the classified soon. 20210710_092135.jpg

Last edited:

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Very nice classic Inox! I wish Beretta had stuck with the stainless controls on the stainless guns...it looks so much better. I have it's bruniton 9mm counterpart from the same era...all metal controls, metal guide rod, straight dustcover. It doesn't get out much anymore, but every time it does I wonder why it doesn't...they're awesome shooting guns.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Congrats....very nice with the Inox look! Beretta makes a fine weapon...don't forget they make PX4's in .40 as a carbine version.
    My wife has a 92FS that she prefers...I ended up grabbing a 'used' PX4 Storm at a LGS for her as a 9mm carbine rifle for her that takes the same mags...she loves them as her 'house guns'!

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    The INOX models are beautiful. I've got a 92FS Inox made in Italy without any plastic or black colored controls. I upgraded the rear sight with an LPA fully adjustable target sight, added a stainless steel guide rod and some beautiful walnut grips. It shoots like a dream and I will never part with it.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    The INOX models are beautiful. I've got a 92FS Inox made in Italy without any plastic or black colored controls. I upgraded the rear sight with an LPA fully adjustable target sight, added a stainless steel guide rod and some beautiful walnut grips. It shoots like a dream and I will never part with it.
    I have the same thing.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Congrats....very nice with the Inox look! Beretta makes a fine weapon...don't forget they make PX4's in .40 as a carbine version.
    My wife has a 92FS that she prefers...I ended up grabbing a 'used' PX4 Storm at a LGS for her as a 9mm carbine rifle for her that takes the same mags...she loves them as her 'house guns'!
    As a Beretta nut, to clarify, the Carbine is the CX-4 Storm. The PX-4 Storm is a pistol. Yes Beretta enjoys confusing it's best customers.
    And yes, there is something special about their Inox (stainless) pistols.

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Very nice! I remember seeing those several years back and always thought they were some of the most attractive of the Beretta 92 handguns! Great find!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    As a Beretta nut, to clarify, the Carbine is the CX-4 Storm. The PX-4 Storm is a pistol. Yes Beretta enjoys confusing it's best customers.
    Seems straightforward. P = pistol. C = carbine ? or maybe I'm missing something and it's not that easy. Not a Beretta aficionado myself.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Yes, I caught the typo but it was too late to go back and make the necessary changes...the wife does love the CX-4 though!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Was just commenting on what you said about Beretta liking to confuse it's customers.
    No problem, I should have added the idea of Beretta confusing it's customers by bringing to light the several hundred variations of the 92 series. I started documenting the "special edition" versions as well as the so-called normal offerings, and I gave up at over 100 variations not counting the Italy vs USA made as well as the two styles of dust covers and backstraps. And then they added the 92X series which is a line based on the Vertec variation. Not to mention the M-9 in several available variations itself which is based on the 92FS with minor variations, mostly markings.

And the "Ghost" name I believe was given by a member of the Beretta Forum.

goob469

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Good looking gun. I am a big Beretta fan - getting my 1st one, a 92fs, at 18. I think I'm up to 6 different models now.

Congrats on your find.

Top Bottom