• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It was an Indiana DNR property. He'd be well within his rights to be OCing.

And it's worse than "Gaylord", his name is "Gaylard", and he's an anti-gay crusader soliciting gay sex at a public lake. His life as he knew it is effectively over.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Someone with that last name was checking into the hotel at the same time as me last week. After the 11 hour drive I was struggling to keep a straight face :D

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Just another "gotcha" journalism piece against pastors. I think you'll find the vast majority of pastors will preach the same message. It just proves men are imperfect, even pastors, which is the basis of the religion anyway.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Just another "gotcha" journalism piece against pastors. I think you'll find the vast majority of pastors will preach the same message. It just proves men are imperfect, even pastors, which is the basis of the religion anyway.

It's right up there with stories like anti-gun rights activists shooting home invaders or the hypothetical local cop who won an award for the most OWI arrests last year getting busted for OWI, or for that matter, going out behind the hospital and seeing a few docs and all the respiratory therapists having a smoke.

It comes down to "people behaving badly" and is noted mostly for the hypocrisy involved.

Oddly enough, though, as you point out indirectly, the pastors are the only ones who acknowledge the weakness and admit they are mortal men, attempting to be better men. It doesn't excuse the hypocrisy, but rather, like the thread about the members of the "Coalition to Stop Gun Violence" getting 30sec. in an elevator alone with Wayne LaPierre, and many of them wanting to shoot or otherwise do him physical harm, it highlights it.

I think it would not surprise me at all if the majority of crusaders like this to stop people from exercising rights do so only to cover feelings of their own that they would like to engage in whatever practice it is, themselves. One of the things I like about small-L libertarian beliefs:
    One of the following is and one is not a libertarian:

1. (in best TV preacher voice) "Ho-mo-SEX-yoo-alitee is a SIN againstuh GODuh and those who practice it are SINners bound for HELLuh!"
    2. Hey, I'm not gay, I don't want to have a gay relationship, so I'm not going to.... but if you want to and can find a willing adult partner, you have fun with that.

And..... time's up! Pencils down. Pass your papers to the front of the room. Thank you, class, have a great Christmas break! ;)

Blessings,
    Bill

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Gaylord is a city in Michigan, it's close to the Grayling Air to Ground Gunnery Range and the Alplena Combat Readiness Training Center...one of the best features of which Bob's Firearms right outside the gate. :rockwoot:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Hoo-boy!

It's a long way to fall when you get caught trying to do something against which you are a "crusader."

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    What is the deal with these guys hooking up in public parks? Seems like there would be lots of discrete places for them to engage in games they are trying to keep secret.

Someone with that last name was checking into the hotel at the same time as me last week. After the 11 hour drive I was struggling to keep a straight face :D
    Did you mean to use purple?

Top Bottom