• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Broken bone that is. On One Lap last week we were at Road Atlanta trying to get a track walk in the rain in our razor scooters. Top of the esses heading down hit a rock or stick and got the death wobble as I’m picking up speed and decided to bail before I hit death speeds.

Hurt for but, swollen. We put ice in it and took Aleve and continued on. I even set 2 new personal best times at 2 different tracks. Here’s what I did on that Monday:

IMG_5823.jpeg

Drove another 3k miles and 6 more track events like this. It’s sore but not what I would call excruciating pain.

So I guess my bones aren’t as flexible as they were in my 20’s.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Holy cow, I can't imagine doing track events with a harness pressing in on that. Other than that, hope the series was fun for you.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Don't you know you're supposed to do that when you're younger and heal better?

I've lost track of broken bones. But fortunately most were fingers and toes.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Broken bone that is. On One Lap last week we were at Road Atlanta trying to get a track walk in the rain in our razor scooters. Top of the esses heading down hit a rock or stick and got the death wobble as I’m picking up speed and decided to bail before I hit death speeds.

Hurt for but, swollen. We put ice in it and took Aleve and continued on. I even set 2 new personal best times at 2 different tracks. Here’s what I did on that Monday:

View attachment 276368

Drove another 3k miles and 6 more track events like this. It’s sore but not what I would call excruciating pain.

So I guess my bones aren’t as flexible as they were in my 20’s.

Scooters are dangerous.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Took me until 60. Fell over dismounting my bicycle, cracked a rib. I knew the doctor would say "Take it easy, maybe tape it up and take pain med. That'll be $300." So I skipped the doctor part and it healed. Used the saved money to buy silver.
    Yeah I wish this one was that easy. Pain is definitely creeping in today.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I have been singularly lucky wrt broken bones (and I hope I didn’t just jinx myself by saying that).

The closest I’ve come, was that I cracked a bone in my thumb chasing a girl in 6th grade.

Recess was over and we were lined up outside the door, waiting to go back into class when the girl in line behind me snatched the hat off my head. Thinking she would run off with it I whirled around with my arm outstretched to grab her and my thumb jammed into the very top of her upper arm, right at the shoulder joint. Bad move, she was a very stout girl.

I still clearly remember the jet flame of pain that shot thru my thumb.

There was no ER in Nashville, Indiana in those days and I don’t suppose there is one now. ”EMS” was not a thing then either. I think the school nurse just called my mom and she took me to our family doctor in Nashville. He did his own x-rays and showed me on the film that I had a small crack in the bone, parallel to its long axis. He told me it was going to hurt for a while and gave me this plastic thing that fit over my thumb that kept me from banging it into things. I couldn’t believe how badly that hurt for such a small looking crack on the x-ray. I’m glad I haven’t broken anything bigger, although I did try (but failed) to break my skull on a tree one time but that’s another story.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    ...although I did try (but failed) to break my skull on a tree one time but that’s another story.
    well-waiting.gif

Top Bottom