• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fallschirmjaeger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 9, 2014
    Noblesville
    So i got a chance to shoot my dad's P227 SAS, which is a helluva gun. Very accurate and comfortable to shoot, even though the grip panels feel like sandpaper.

Anyway, every time I emptied a mag, the slide would fail to lock back in the open position. My dad had no similar issue, and it locked back fine for him.

In messing around with the (fully cleared) pistol at home, i notice that my combat grip, with my 2 thumbs stacked along the left side of the slide, might be pressing down the slide release and keeping the slide from catching on empty and locking back.

Any else ever notice this? I have a P228, which is similar in size and layout, and have never had that problem.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have read many other people having the same issue with Sigs. Just pay attention to your grip while you are shooting it and it will go away.

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    I had the same problem when we transitioned to the Sig 227 from the Glock 21. The instructors said I was riding the slide release with my thumb. They ground the slide release idown and it helped. It still fails to lock back from time to time.

Fallschirmjaeger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 9, 2014
    Noblesville
    I had the same problem when we transitioned to the Sig 227 from the Glock 21. The instructors said I was riding the slide release with my thumb. They ground the slide release idown and it helped. It still fails to lock back from time to time.

Thanks for the confirmation. I bet that's what I'm doing. I hate to mess around with adjusting the same grip I use on Glocks, USP, 1911, etc.

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    I have exactly the same issue when I go from by Glock 21 to the Sig. I have to force myself to use a different grip and then everything works 100%.

rolodetective

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Minimal details...... Slow rollout of the new mags but the "new & improved" mags will have P in a circle on the back flat of the magazine down near the floor plate.

Top Bottom