• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    Im in the waiting room in the hospital. The have wi-fi internet access. I can look at very much on this website because of "weapons"
    If I click on any firearm related forum I get this message....

Blocked Website Your access to the website Firearms - INGunOwners was blocked for the following reason:Blocked Content Analysis: Weapons

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Yep. My company blocks like that. I don't get a lot of these pictures because of words in the host name.

The piece of internet machinery that does this has a subscription. They pay geeks at a company to look at the sites your machine goes to and they will add them to a list of no-nos and your company's (or the hospital's) computer internet server is updated regularly.

It sucks. But it is THEIR wi-fi.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Having spent many, MANY days & nights in the hospital, I have witnessed 3 deaths of roomates. Each one had it's own scenario and each one was traumatic (at least for me)
    I find it very odd that someone at the hospital decided that a website is offensive, but the real-time witnessing of a life passing is just another day in the ward.
    :twocents:

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    No, politically incorrect.

If you are in the waiting room looking at a picture of a machine gun and you are sitting next to the mother of a hood rat who was brought in full of bullet holes, it's not very nice if she happens to be eyeing your laptop and spots that. She knows what you white boys are up to- buying guns and giving them to the gangs...

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Could it be because we have become so controlled by our government that we feel we have the right, nay duty, to control those around us?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    More likely that you're using the same internet proxy that the hospital employees use and there's no business reason for them to be surfing to gun websites. This is why you should be running your own encrypted proxy. Then all you need is an outbound port. :D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    :DWell aren't you just Mr. Fancy Pants with your encrypted proxy. Whatever that is.

It's a web proxy I run off my own server. I connect to it over a VPN and do all my web browsing through it. That way I'm not subject to any arbitrary surfing rules at whatever place I happen to be.

SC_Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Bloomington
    It's a web proxy I run off my own server. I connect to it over a VPN and do all my web browsing through it. That way I'm not subject to any arbitrary surfing rules at whatever place I happen to be.

A nice MOD would post a link to basic instructions for setting up such a thing so the rest of us can INGO wherever we are. :scared:(I'd have used the run away icon, but it seems to have run away)

What's that song??? "....please don't take my INGO away..." or was it sunshine?

Top Bottom