• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    People on Zoloft type drugs *class of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs)* with warning labels that warn of suicide of harm to others should not have access to guns. Period.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    All this and no response from the OP. Makes you wonder. No legislation can correct the basic flaws in humanity. The human animal is the cruelest thing on the planet. The only thing you can do is be vigilant, the only person responsible for your safety is you. Don't rely on the government or others to keep you safe. It is just not possible.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Let's give him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't a a troll.

...but I think it's cute how he thinks he's shown how insightful and caring he is.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    We need stupid people control, not gun control. All these shootings have been in Gun Free zones already.

Ditto! Humans are the problem...not guns!

The guy in DC killed 2 people to acquire the weapons he used.

The guy in CT killed his own mother to acquire the weapons he used!

The guns themselves...did absolutely nothing...they were merely a tool for the user!

Lastly...the Kennedy clan prefers automobiles and golf clubs!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    All this and no response from the OP. Makes you wonder. No legislation can correct the basic flaws in humanity. The human animal is the cruelest thing on the planet. The only thing you can do is be vigilant, the only person responsible for your safety is you. Don't rely on the government or others to keep you safe. It is just not possible.

Well said!

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Political Correctness and Stupid Policies Yielded Up The Navy Yard MassacreBy Doug Giles / 22 September 2013 / 97 comments Screen Shot 2013-09-22 at 8.19.24 AMIs anyone else ticked that we’ve all been forced to know the now-dead-and-in-hell piece of shiitake named Aaron Alexis? However livid we may be, I’m sure it can’t compare to the rage the family members and friends of the ones he mowed down must feel.For those who only watch MTV and have no clue who Aaron Alexis is, well, he’s the dude that shot and killed twelve innocent people at the Navy Yard military base in D.C. last Monday. That would be as in Washington, D.C. It’s the same D.C. that has uberstrict, leftist guns laws in place that, once again, appear to appeal to mass murderers. Duh.Not only does the District of Columbia have ridiculous and unconstitutional gun laws, but also, thanks to former president Bill Clinton, our military bases are verboten to protect themselves on bases nationwide. Yep, one of Bill’s first acts upon taking office in ’93 was to disarm soldiers while they were on base.Here’s a pop quiz for you: Guess how many shootings have occurred on our U.S. military bases prior to this gun ban? If you guessed zero then you’re an astute cookie. Now guess the number of shootings that have gone down since Clinton enacted his idiotic gun ban? If you guessed sixteen you’d be right on. What’s up with Bill and “Benghazi Hillary” not wanting to protect our soldiers? Weird, eh?Anyway, as stated, last Monday Alexis, high on stupidity and self pity and in obedience to the “voices”, weaseled his way onto one of our multitudinous, unarmed military bases and wreaked havoc with the dastardly AR-15.Oh, wait. He didn’t use an AR-15. But OMG, that didn’t stop Piers Morgan from wanting him to have used one, so much so that, facts be damned, Piers ran with that intentional lie on his unwatched cable show. And, man oh man, he was really selling that swill until the facts smacked him in the face that, contrary to his agenda, it was a Remington 870 shotgun that Alexis wielded.What’s next, Piers? Are you going to try to ban the 870? Good luck with that one, you snaggle-toothed Brit. This cherished scattergun is ensconced as an esteemed piece of slide-gun American history. It’s right up there with the lever-gun Winchester 94. But you probably have no idea what the heck I’m talking about, do you?Along with Clinton’s goofy, gun-free-zone, military base mandate, there were many other breakdowns in agencies and communities that allowed this demonic seed to take root and produce mass murderous fruit.To be positive, here’s what I recommend that we do, going forward, to greatly reduce the likelihood of this ever occurring again:1. Dear NSA: Since you guys like to snoop, why don’t you peel away from hacking blue-haired, Presbyterian, Tea Party grannies’ email accounts for awhile and, I don’t know, maybe poke around a bit into the in-box of the criminally insane? Alexis had a military disciplinary record that included disorderly conduct, defiance, unexcused absences and hearing voices.His dull friends and relatives have also pointed out that he had a preoccupation with the 9/11 attacks, felt “screwed over” as a veteran, had money problems, and hated the U.S.His police record records that this idiot had rage blackouts, shot his neighbors tires out and popped a cap in his neighbor’s apartment because she was too loud for his tastes. Oh, and right before he went full moron he created a web-page named “Mohammed Salem” But somehow, some way, you missed this cat that was waving more red flags than a Chinese parade. It’s kind of similar to how you missed the Boston Bombers and Nadil Malik Hassan. No offense, of course.2. Dear friends and family members: If you knew all that crap about Aaron, then why didn’t you tase that SOB, duct tape him and then transport Woody Woodpecker to an exorcist or to that insane asylum that they put Hannibal Lecter in? Geez, people. Really? Look, I know you want to be positive and an encourager to those going through a rough patch, but this cat clearly had derailed and you did squat about it. Good luck sleeping at night, jackasses.3. Dear Therapeutic community: Can we get back to scraping frontal lobes and administering electroshock to those who’re violent and talk to Labradoodles? I know it’s brutal, but it’s not as cruel as having to bury twelve innocent people because you released this high-octane zombie with high-octane dope back into the public arena.4. And lastly, Dear President Obama: How about allowing our military on our military bases to carry their military weapons? Sure Alexis might have gotten off a shot, but it would have been, probably, just one round before our elite forces would have made Swiss cheese out of that foul weed.If my advice were heeded, I’m betting that we wouldn’t be forced to know many more like Aaron Alexis.What do you think America?Sorry, but that is the way it posted from my attempt to copy and paste.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Oh my...[RANT ON]can't remember the thread where it talked about the Romans hanging lawbreakers on pikes to warn other would be's...it doesn't work. Fear nor good upbringing are not always detractors or crime stoppers. There will always be an evil/sick/ delusional ..you pick, person who will think they are beyond getting caught (or won't care if they do get caught) that will use whatever weapon that is at hand (knife, hatchet, ice pick, #2 pencil, whatever) to complete their deed. This is why we PEOPLE must be prepared to defend ourselves. Once we get off of the pc train and get real, it will become self evident. Until then, defend yourself and stop looking to imperfect men to fix it because they haven't been able to get over themselves in over 2000 years and realize that they cannot fix it. [RANT OFF]

I disagree. Fear is only minimally effective. Fear only works as long as the person perceives they have something to lose. Good upbringing is however very effective. If the whole of society were to become moral that would be the most effective. But then you have to define morals. In our sick society even those not breaking the law are often immoral. Look at the new way greed is looked upon. Many of the younger generation have adopted the concept anything for a profit is justified and therefore good. We have decayed to the point I don't know if it can be repaired.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

Sadly this is the most correct statement I have read so far. "The human animal is the cruelest thing on the planet. The only thing you can do is be vigilant, the only person responsible for your safety is you. Don't rely on the government or others to keep you safe."

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    People on Zoloft type drugs *class of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs)* with warning labels that warn of suicide of harm to others should not have access to guns. Period.
    You have no idea what you're talking about.
    Eleven percent of Americans over age 12 take antidepressants. (Products - Data Briefs - Number 76 - October 2011.)
    That's over 10 million people.
    If those meds were as bad as people like you claim we'd have millions of incidents like the Sandy Hook and the Military base shootings.
    The facts are that, in a VERY few cases people taking SSRI's should be on much more powerful meds and not the relativly low effect SSRI's.
    The effects of SSRI's can be reproduced by common herbs, like Saint John's Wort, (St. John's wort (Hypericum perforatum L.) - MayoClinic.com) and several common food items, like dark chocolate (Chocolate and Mood Disorders | World of Psychology.)
    Blaming SSRI's for the mass shootings is every bit as dumb as blaming them on video games or guns.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Ban GFZs.

Repeal a bunch of laws to open up the floodgates allowing more guns into the U.S. and into the hands of the good guys.
    While your at it, abolish the ATF and all the NFA guidelines altogether.

Just give the people a fighting chance. :ar15:

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    You have no idea what you're talking about.
    Eleven percent of Americans over age 12 take antidepressants. (Products - Data Briefs - Number 76 - October 2011.)
    That's over 10 million people.
    If those meds were as bad as people like you claim we'd have millions of incidents like the Sandy Hook and the Military base shootings.
    The facts are that, in a VERY few cases people taking SSRI's should be on much more powerful meds and not the relativly low effect SSRI's.
    The effects of SSRI's can be reproduced by common herbs, like Saint John's Wort, (St. John's wort (Hypericum perforatum L.) - MayoClinic.com) and several common food items, like dark chocolate (Chocolate and Mood Disorders | World of Psychology.)
    Blaming SSRI's for the mass shootings is every bit as dumb as blaming them on video games or guns.

Yes antidepressants are handed out like candy.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I too am sick and tired of mass shootings. That by itself however does not justify doing something simply for the sake of doing something. We should have some idea of what would actually work. The problem we face is that the best therapists in the business simply have no way of telling who is potentially dangerous, it is only obvious in hindsight. The Navy Yard shooting is a perfect example of how gun-control cannot possibly work. It can only force someone to use a different weapon. If the Navy Yard killer hadn't started out with a shotgun, then a knife would have been sufficient to kill the cop with to steal his gun. What would a gallon of gasoline do in a crowded theater? A man who is ready to die will never find it difficult to take others with him.

Here is some information on homicide rates by country:
    List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The homicide rate in the U.S. is 4.8 per 100,000. The homicide rate in Canada is only 1.6 per 100,000.
    The anti-gunners keep telling themselves that gun laws are the reason for the difference.
    However, they never seem to notice that the homicide rate in Mexico is 23.7 per 100,000.

Ask yourself, if we ban guns are we more likely to resemble Canada or Mexico?

If you look at the statistics it is easy to see that crime rates are a function of something other than legal gun ownership. Political unrest, criminal cartels, general attitudes towards violence. The people that want to commit crimes always find a way to obtain weapons.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    but.. but.. you mean instead of killing myself in a basement, i can be immortalized in the history books by taking lots of people with me? its a diva syndrome.

45 LongColt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Indiana
    I don't want to lose my guns any more than I want you guys to lose yours. But surely everyone agrees that SOMETHING needs to be done, something has to change. But what is the answer? The anti-gunners want to take away our guns, that is their answer. So what is ours?

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I don't want to lose my guns any more than I want you guys to lose yours. But surely everyone agrees that SOMETHING needs to be done, something has to change. But what is the answer? The anti-gunners want to take away our guns, that is their answer. So what is ours?
    Thats the problem with this conversation. There are 6 pages of "our answers" but none of them will ever see the light of day. We can push for the abolishment of gun free zones, We can push for more guns in the hands of good guys. We can say all of these solutions that make sense to us, the gun owners. However it will not appeal to the masses and those that rely on the media for all of their information or those that respond to these tragedies with emotion and not logic. So please, for the love of everything that is Holy, can we stop jusy always saying "something NEEDS to be done! So what is the answer? We have offered solutions, but they aren't the politically right ones. Or they offend people. So I pose this question, when will our elected officials get the gall and grow the cajones to defend our constitution, make correct decision that aren't based on fueling their politcal agenda and listen to both sides of the argument and quit making asinine laws based off of irrational fears and feelings?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    But what is the answer?

There is no "answer", there is only reality. Just as there is no answer to ending rape, robbery, murder, molestation, incest, burglary, etc.. Human beings will always be human beings; the real problem lies in the belief that "something" can be done to "fix" that.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom