• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Americans Revolt Over Whiskey: The Tax Rebellion Tests Federal Authority

Shays' Rebellion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and lets not forget the civil war
    OK people, I see where you are coming from, but how does this constitutionally elected congresswoman (and now a duly appointed judge) fall under the category of "tyrant." Violence against a government that fails to follow its own constitution is a different matter. We can agree or disagree on this, but no matter how one spins it, this incident is not a good thing.

McKinney19D

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Southport Indy
    Nope. 1 dead at the same hospital where Giffords had her surgery. There were reports of several dead at the scene of the shooting.

I see what you mean. 1 dead at that hospital, but then others may be somewhere else I guess.

The news seems to be stuck on the shooter now. The yahoo answers forum already has posts saying he was a Afghan war vet tea party member, well...bad press here we come. Edit : If that is true

I am an Afghan/Iraq Vet and a tea partier, this is really going to suck. I'm sure I'm going to here from my liberal friends soon.:xmad:

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I know what you mean. They reported 7 dead, including the Congresswoman. Then it was 4 dead.
    Now it is 1 dead, a child.

So yeah, it's all pretty crazy still.

Yeah, the news people suck. First, MSNBC quoted an officer as saying it was an automatic weapon. Then CNN said that six were confirmed dead including the congresswoman. Then, FOXNEWS said that the bad guy was shot by a good guy. They were all wrong.

They need to check their sources for God's sake because now they are saying the guy looked like he was "dressed as a fringe type" person. WTF does that mean? Fringe as in Kurt Cobain grunge type or fringe as in camo pants tucked into his Vietnam jump boots?

I have an idea. Let's get a class action suit against CNN, FOX, and MSNBC for incorrectly reporting BS as facts and wasting our time. We could put them out of business. I'm too young to remember, but was the news reporting this bad before Cable TV existed? These people suck.

McKinney19D

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Southport Indy
    I have an idea. Let's get a class action suit against CNN, FOX, and MSNBC for incorrectly reporting BS as facts and wasting our time. We could put them out of business. I'm too young to remember, but was the news reporting this bad before Cable TV existed? These people suck.

Remember, most of them sourced NPR who broke the death reports. Dirty Laundry.

As well, I found this on the comments of the story on CNN.com

""Casa2613 The subject 23 yr old Gerald Lauflin is white, lives with his parents and most probably is acting on Palin's orders""

Misinformation runs wild.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    looks like we've got a revolutionist on our hands.

everyone showing up on google real time is saying he's nuts.

he's not nuts, he knew EXACTLY what he was doing.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    OK. Had a look at the shooters "videos". Seems a bit out of sorts to me. Probably just the type the DHS would want to do this. A sovereign self sort. Can't wait to hear his explanation for this. Lots of blame is going to come down on the TEA Partiers out of this, as well as Sarah Palin (she had a picture up of the congress woman framed in a guns sights with a "target her" message. Not going to look good, but I imagine the spin machine's already in full motion on that count). Not sure that it will devolve into a anti-gun message, though, (other than from the usual anti-gunner suspects). Regardless there's going to be a crap storm.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    looks like we've got a revolutionist on our hands.

everyone showing up on google real time is saying he's nuts.

he's not nuts, he knew EXACTLY what he was doing.

People like him are the scary ones that you have to be careful for. The "terrorists" we worry about are one thing but the guy that comes out of nowhere and off the radar has potential to do so much more damage.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    You know, I was really proud when I watched the new Senators and Representatives sworn in earlier this week.

That is what makes the United States different and unique... the peaceful transfer of power.

Idiots like this guy do nothing but harm our union.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    OK. Had a look at the shooters "videos". Seems a bit out of sorts to me. Probably just the type the DHS would want to do this. A sovereign self sort. Can't wait to hear his explanation for this. Lots of blame is going to come down on the TEA Partiers out of this, as well as Sarah Palin (she had a picture up of the congress woman framed in a guns sights with a "target her" message. Not going to look good, but I imagine the spin machine's already in full motion on that count). Not sure that it will devolve into a anti-gun message, though, (other than from the usual anti-gunner suspects). Regardless there's going to be a crap storm.

how is it you can see this right off but nobody else around here can???

this jared loughner is about a worst case scenario for gun owners...

Shooter1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Tennyson "Warrick CO"
    What the f! Thanks alot you stupid POS! He just ruined it for every law abiding citizen! I bet there goes alot of our gun rights! I pray for the victims family's. I am sorry that this fing retard did this! He needs to be tortured! Well I bet we will be losing our 2nd amendment soon. Happy new year :(

Top Bottom