• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaze261

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    I will retire when I can get 74% of my pension base, I was 32 when I got hired so I don't mind working until I am 64....I mean what else would I do that I can't do now? I can fish and hunt for a week straight with only 1-2 days off.

Don't tell everyone though as we don't want everyone trying to get the coolest career in the world. ;)

Must be nice. It is all about the politics on your benefits. They are looking at making paid stand by where I am at = no OT.

Blaze261

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Thanks I got Mad respect for those who serve our country in the armed services.

Last edited:

truckie166

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Full time of volly we'r all one big happy family. From my searching any full time department is running their own ems. So if you are not a emt or higher its gona be tough to get a job

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I was at 83's mostly, followed Rice, Hochstetler, and Crouch to their firehouses after they were career. After the combi move I worked at them all.

truckie166

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    im a volly for Dyer I have only been on for 3 years but its fun. It would be awsome to do it for a living. And your i'm sorry csaw i should of said that a lot of full time run their own ems and not all departments

Fishersstang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Fishers
    I was an explorer for Fishers, now im at Ivytech for Fire science. will be testing for Noblesville and westfield next month, and I just got out of IFD's didnt score high enough.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    No need to apologize you are right alot of them do, thankfully we have dodged that bullet. However they have applied for a grant to hire 8 ff/emt's to staff ambulances for our dept. So we won't dodge it much longer.

im a volly for Dyer I have only been on for 3 years but its fun. It would be awsome to do it for a living. And your i'm sorry csaw i should of said that a lot of full time run their own ems and not all departments

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    Alot more firemen here than I would've guessed. There are two others that have not chimed in here wrtfd479 and mconley are also both firemen.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom