• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    They have been videoing POS terminals for years. Self checkouts at many stores also capture your face as you check out. (while simultaneously videoing your scanning/bagging. AI at Meijer is overly sensitive, and its easy to set off alarms if you have trouble scanning something with a tricky barcode.

I think my Meijer high score is 3 alarms in one transaction. You trip the alarm, the minder comes over and unlocks the terminal and "she" replays her video to show the minder what you did to make sure you arent stealing stuff.

I know the Walmart ones flag the loss prevention office because Ive witnessed somebody stealing stuff before. As she is scanning two supervisors come over saying the customer has been tripping alarms like crazy. Sure enough, she scanned only half her items in her bags.

So nothing really is new. And they have always had enough video in the stores to "catch" you buying a gun. (register transaction, then the perp walk to the car with the gun)

Last edited:

Lpherr

Occupied
    I thought WM stopped selling guns? :dunno:

I can't say if ours sells them or not... I don't go there. There are better places to spend my money.

Morgan12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2023
    Illinois
    I’m live in a very rural area of Illinois our Walmart was remodeled and after that stopped selling guns. They still sell ammo however they have a poor selection.

I will say they have the cheapest 410 AA prices anyplace by far if they actually have some also the 350 legend ammo is a lot cheaper. I only go to Walmart anymore when I need to buy Mobile 1 oil as it’s $10 a gallon cheaper than the local Napa.

I hate Walmart but I hate our local Napa just as much they tried to charge me $186 dollars for a 5 gallon bucket of Rotella when I told them I could go to the local farm store and get it for $80 they I ate fly told me they could do $100

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No, they just stopped selling evil black rifles. They still sell hunting rifles and shotguns.
    Dont forget handguns and assault rifle ammo (I cant make that up). Marion County stores towards the edge of town still sell shotguns and non AR rifles. I think the only ones that gave them up completely are the inner city stores like North Keystone, Lafayette Road, etc.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Dont forget handguns and assault rifle ammo (I cant make that up). Marion County stores towards the edge of town still sell shotguns and non AR rifles. I think the only ones that gave them up completely are the inner city stores like North Keystone, Lafayette Road, etc.
    U.S. 31 South store has never sold guns as long as I've been going there. Nor does Beech Grove or Greenwood (County Line and Emerson). If there are other stores in Marion Co. that do I guess I just haven't been to them.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I was trying to think what autocorrect could possibly have thought he was trying to say, but I just couldn't figure it out. :):
    I dont even try anymore. I've had autocorrect take a 1 letter misspell and change it to a TOTALLY different, nonsensical word. (or a jumble of letters)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I dont even try anymore. I've had autocorrect take a 1 letter misspell and change it to a TOTALLY different, nonsensical word. (or a jumble of letters)
    One of the first thing I did on my phone was to disable autocorrect. I don't think my laptop (where I do 99.9% of my INGOing) ever had it. I also don't use talk-to-text. I've watched (and listened to) DoggyMama take 3 or 4x as long to correct her phone to get it to "say" what she is telling it to say. Screw that. I'm a touch typist on a keyboard, but I'm horribly slow at texting, but I'm still faster than that.

Top Bottom