• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Just remember that the Winchester Xpert is $12.87 for 500 rounds. The green box Remington 550 is 550 rounds for about $13.80 (I think). It works out to almost the same price. The Federal 550 box is about $15 and change, so the per round cost is actually the highest of the three.

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Just curious, what kind of .223 Remington does Wal Mart sell and does anyone know the price? I was wondering if they sell 100 round packs or what...

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    They sell a PMC bulk pack iirc... .45 cents a round or so for crap plinking ammo..

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Just remember that the Winchester Xpert is $12.87 for 500 rounds. The green box Remington 550 is 550 rounds for about $13.80 (I think). It works out to almost the same price. The Federal 550 box is about $15 and change, so the per round cost is actually the highest of the three.

I'm pretty sure you've got the Remington and the Federal flipped. I know for a fact the Remington is more than the Federal and I just bought Federal last week for $13.xx.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The Rem and Federal depends on what Wal-Mart you go to.
    The one in Hammond, IN sells the Federal for $15 and the Rem for $13.xx.
    The one in Scherville, IN sells them the opposite.
    I have not aksed about this and have not gone to both the same week but I think the price may flip/flop on both items depending on the quanity.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    My local Walmart inexplicably puts the Winchester on the shelf but the Remington and Federal in the locked cabinet.

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    The Rem and Federal depends on what Wal-Mart you go to.
    The one in Hammond, IN sells the Federal for $15 and the Rem for $13.xx.
    The one in Scherville, IN sells them the opposite.
    I have not aksed about this and have not gone to both the same week but I think the price may flip/flop on both items depending on the quanity.

Wow that is really strange since the pricing is all controlled by the corporate office. Either way I believe the Federal is 10x the ammo compared to the Remington. I'll never buy the Remington again.

shawkpilot

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    I hate going to Bass Pro! They either don't have it, don't want it, or it's WAY overpriced! I tried to spend a $50 gift certificate one day, it took me hours of walking trying to find something that was a descent deal, and that I actually wanted.

Dick's usually has some good ammo prices. Although, good luck finding any these days. I called to find .45 ammo that was advertised on sale, all sold out, but the truck comes tomorrow, call in am. I called at 10:00, all the ammo had already been spoken for. My wife did find 1 box across town. Stupid democrats!

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Just picked up some more of the Federal 550 boxes a couple hours ago. $13.97ea. Remington and WW were both $13.97ea. also.:dunno:

BTW; WalMart sucks!:rolleyes:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Wow that is really strange since the pricing is all controlled by the corporate office. Either way I believe the Federal is 10x the ammo compared to the Remington. I'll never buy the Remington again.

Wow... I actually prefer the remington. Groups a bit tighter and is cleaner IMO.

Federal is a close second. The winchester is pure crap IMO. I can't stand it, groupings are TWICE that of the rem or federal.

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    All the Remington I have bought has had loose bullets that would wiggle in the case, many ftfeeds and ftfires. Since I switched to the Federal my problems were cut way down.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    We have the second largest Bass Pro in the country here. It is a fun place to go to window shop, but I have been there a couple of times in the last few weeks. I am in the market for a variable high power target scope. I have been wanting to look at a Nikon they have on display. I couldn't get anyone behind the counter to wait on me either time or even acknowledge my presence. In all fairness, they seemed tied up with gun sales, but I waited patiently for quite some time each visit. They don't seem to have enough help behind the counter. The sales folks on the floor don't seem to have any knowledge of the products. Bass Pro's prices on almost everything are very high compared to other stores. For example, the other day, I went to Dicks (fortunately it is closeby Bass Pro) after my BP trip. I was greeted immediately and asked if I needed help. I ended up buying an MTM plastic ammo box for my reloaded rifle rounds. The box cost me $4.99 at Dick's. The same ammo box at BP costs $5.99. Bass Pro's gunpowder for reloading and primers are through the roof.

Top Bottom