• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ford2685

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    USA,USA,USA,USA!!!!!!!
    i found gold dot's in .25 auto today i know who cares right, but i didnt know that there were ANY defensive rounds in .25 let alone at walmart but i did knw they sold PD rounds for many cal.'s mainly 40 :/

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Read all about it here..............I am getting a box soon, have to have one to play with, seems to be all the rage.

Saw a new offering from Federal in in 40 S&W at Walmart today - Glock Talk

Your walmart at 96th street had a ton of 'em on Friday night. I grabbed two boxes. I function checked ten rounds - shot snappily to POA. Pronounced them gTg and put the old Winchester JHP's back in the safe. If they really penetrate 12-13 and expand to .7 - that's all i need and more in a SD round.

IndyClay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    I would not trust my life to anything purchased at Walmart. OK for everyday items but they seem to be lacking in quality control in things like electronics, ammo (got a bad batch of Winchester white box once). If you want a good deal and reliability, I would suggest Sportmans' Guide. Been buying stuff from them for years and never have had a complaint in quality. I looked all over the web the other night for quality, proven defensive 9mm ammo (like Cor-bon and Federal),and they have some of the best deals right now. Really fast shipping too.

PS: I have always had FTF problems with Winchester JHPs, anyone else had issues?

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Ah yes.. because Wal-Mart sends out their lackies to the Winchester and Federal production lines to run QC and is responsible for the final quality of your ammo - not the manufacturer.

Buying ammo at Wal-Mart or any other big box retailer isn't like buying milsurp of unknown quality- it comes off the same production lines as everything else.

If you don't want to buy them, then don't.

As for Winchester USA JHP ammo - yes - it's widely recognized as some of the poorest feeding HP ammo around. I only carried it because it was available and I'd function checked 150 rounds before carrying it. Now I have a MUCH BETTER option at a fair price - and I didn't have to pay shipping either.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    PS: I have always had FTF problems with Winchester JHPs, anyone else had issues?

I am a fan of WWB because of the cost and availability right now. Have seen none in .40 that were HP, but have a lot of .38, .357 mag, .44 mag, 9mm as well as .45 in HP.

Never had a FTF with any of them. The more I read about the 147 gr 9mm the more I don't want to carry it in my little Astra, but until I got some Gold Dots it was better than using 115 gr fmj.

Have yet to do an expansion test on the .45 JHPs, but they feed fine in my Sig and I can hit what I want to. I got in a lot of Gold Dots for it now, but have not shot any so I won't carry until then.

WWB revolver rounds seem decent enough, although always dirty. Have a lot of .44 in JSP and actually carry some .38 125 gr +p HP in a snub. Bought a few 110 gr HP in .357 mag. They shoot well in a 2" snub but I worry about over penetration with the light rounds.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I just picked up a 100 round box of Remington 9mm JHP from the Avon walmart for $24.97. Also scored 5 550 round boxes of Remington .22 for $18.97.each ( I remember these used to be $10-12)

I was surprised to see any 9mm hollow-points, so I snagged the only box they had. They did have hollow point .223 as well.

vwoodrum11

Marksman
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Indy
    Walmart in Beech Grove has Federal .45 for $15.97 per 50. They also have .40, 9mm and others. I didn't see any .380 or .357 mag. Just got back from there.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I got a box of 50, will try them in my G-27 this afternoon at POP Guns, out of my Glock-27 EDC.:dunno:Might be a sleeper of an ammo deal at $24 a box compared to $35 a box of 50 if you can find it 180 gr HST.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Fired up a box of 50 Federal 135 Gr .40 out of my G-27, no noticable difference in flash, or recoil than most .40 target loads, accuracy was the same as with my Fed 180 gr target load I normally use at the range, I may buy one more box and try it in my G-23 (I know I should have saved a couple rds and done that yesterday), but all in all I believe since it fed properly and was as accurate as I could make it, I would not hesitate to carry some.:ingo::patriot:

Top Bottom