Wait, What?? (NRA Convention locations/dates)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I thought that the NRA convention was supposed to be back in INDY for 2016.
    Now I'm hearing it's going to be in Nashville in 2015, Louisville 2016, Atlanta 2017, and Dallas 2018...
    What gives?
    I thought the venue was already secured...?

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    JG, contrary to popular opinion here on INGO, Indianapolis is NOT the center of the universe. Sorry to break it to you. :D

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Dunno about the Sig guy, but somebody probably told that to the girls to get them out of the gold sequined dresses.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Those vendors were mistaken. Next year was always going to be Tennessee.

I knew that for next year (2015)...but I meant the following year (2016).

Why would that be a rumor from vendor to vendor, then? Don't they have to pay for their space in advanced and doesn't that fill up super fast?

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Dunno about the Sig guy, but somebody probably told that to the girls to get them out of the gold sequined dresses.

What do you mean get out of the gold sequined dresses. Those girls were barely in those dresses.

When I left to go to the convention my wife said not to come home with any new guns. After sending her a gold dress photo she added that I could not get anything shiny either.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    SIG guy? If he was holding a Rainbow Brite pistol while talking to you, it may have been Ron Cohen.

No, it was a thirty-ish guy who looked like he works out about 6 hours a day. He stopped Mr.Jet and asked him about his Air Force hat and they started talking about places they'd both been and jobs they'd held. Sig Guy's day job is OSI and they were talking about the OSI agent primary P228 (duh, no wonder he was with Sig) and that he was flying to Russia the next day. I'll look through my photos and see if I happened to take one with him in it.
    I don't know how the venue topic came up, but he did say something like "It's hard to plan these things in advance when I never know where in the world I'll be, but I look forward to coming back here for the 2016." I was all..."Huh? Here at this convention center again in just a couple years?" And he said, "That's what we've been told".
    When I heard it again later, I figured it must be a thang.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    No, it was a thirty-ish guy who looked like he works out about 6 hours a day. He stopped Mr.Jet and asked him about his Air Force hat and they started talking about places they'd both been and jobs they'd held. Sig Guy's day job is OSI and they were talking about the OSI agent primary P228 (duh, no wonder he was with Sig) and that he was flying to Russia the next day. I'll look through my photos and see if I happened to take one with him in it.
    I don't know how the venue topic came up, but he did say something like "It's hard to plan these things in advance when I never know where in the world I'll be, but I look forward to coming back here for the 2016." I was all..."Huh? Here at this convention center again in just a couple years?" And he said, "That's what we've been told".
    When I heard it again later, I figured it must be a thang.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, what about those girls in sequined dresses again?????

Top Bottom