• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    thought i would pass this along guys class is located easy drive near Ohio and INDY

Kyle Lamb of Viking Tactics will conduct his Carbine 1.5 Course may 23-24,2009. in Michigan This class will be conducted at http://www.centerlineofcalhoun.org/

Cost 400.00
    20 dollar range fee. for the 2 days.
    approx 16 slots

Kyle Lamb is a retired Army SGM and had a long career in the Army Special Operations community and is also the author of the book Green Eyes and Black Rifles.

Carbine 1.5 is not an introductory course, however for a trained shooter this course will take you to the next level. This course will teach you the skills to allow you to operate safely This course is fast paced yet thorough, we teach the basic fundamentals and then ask for these fundamentals to be applied in extreme situations. This course is physically demanding. This course will cover the following areas. Course prerequisites, VTAC Basic Carbine Course or equivalent. The class will cover the following:

Fighting Stance
    Weapon Retention
    Position Shooting (Basic and Obscure)
    Barricade/Field Positions
    Proper Loading Techniques
    Use of Optics
    Transitions to Sidearm
    Support side shooting
    Malfunctions
    Shooting while moving
    Facing Movements
    External Ballistics
    Terminal Ballistics
    Corner Clears
    Sling Use
    Quick Target Acquisition
    Target Discrimination

round counts are as follows
    1200-1400 carbine
    250 handgun

Carbine and Pistol Courses
    Rifle w/4-30 Round MagazinesPistol with 5 Magazines
    Handheld Light
    Rifle Mounted Light
    Sling
    Spare Batteries
    Knee Pads
    Elbow Pads
    Water and Snacks
    Wrap Around Eye Protection
    Ear Protection
    Gear to hold 4 pistol magazines and 3 rifle magazines
    Sunscreen
    Notebook w/pencil
    Small Sharpie
    Rain Gear
    Gloves
    Weapons Lube

POC
    Steve fisher
    Kayufish2@aol.com

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Steve,

I have been wanting to take a class from Kyle for a while. I don't know how to ask this but directly: 1200-1400 for two days is a pretty high round count; does he slow down to ensure proficiency or address any problems that may arise or is it a check-the-box schedule?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    That's a good question. I don't think it would necessarily prevent me from doing the class, but it's something I'd want to know ahead of time.

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    i talked to Kyle this am its 700 rounds per day so 1400 rounds

when you think about it its not much for an 8 hour day of class.
    I have shot higher round count classes and understand what you are saying..

i will say this the class will take into account a lot of shooting and acountablity for rounds down range and the drills that will be run kyle will make sure students understand and get the most out of the class.........

Last edited:

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    We have 12 signed up all ready and havent even posted it on the big boards yet guys

3 more days and it goes to the large training boards

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm surprised you don't have a waiting list already!

I had the opportunity to do a 3-gun class with him a few years ago in Tennessee, but it didn't work out. Now the problem is time and scheduling. If I didn't already have too much for 2009, I'd be in this class.

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    tell me about it so far the names are off my training list next round is the big boy boards

and no telling how many kyle has signed up as well.

tell me about full plates jeesh its going like mad this year

plus i leave fri for AZ to see cousin LAV

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm happy that I'm finally able to wedge a John Farnam class into my schedule this year. I've been trying for about four years to get that done, but aside from the Rangemaster Winter Tactical Conference they used to have in Memphis, I have not been able to do so. Plus I always have to leave room (and $$$) for Louis Awerbuck in August (it's manDAYt'ry!)

Good luck with the Vickers class, sir! He's another I'd like to patronize in the future.

As far as Kyle Lamb goes, he's been on my "list" since long before he was on the radar for the k00l kIDz and other tactical supermen. Now that he's retired from active duty, I hope the opportunities to spend time with will continue to increase in number. Unfortunately the class you are sponsoring is the same weekend as the Kentucky State Multi-gun match, and I have to be there to shoot and then work.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Dude, don't ask unless you're volunteering!

We don't have any kind of "trooper" category in USPSA matches, but it would be fun to see you teetering around loaded with all of my gear like a bellhop struggling with Zsa Zsa Gabor's overnight luggage. I'll make it easy on you, though. I'll carry one of my water bottles and my towel. :D

Top Bottom