• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • draftyranger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Shelbyville IN
    I am looking to get a new red dot for my AR carbine and I have settled on the Vortex Strikefire. My dilema is weather to get the 1st Gen or 2nd Gen. Palmetto has the 1st gen on sale right now for $99 with the 1/3 co-witness mount. The 2nd Gens Ive seen go for around $180. My question is, were the updates to the 2nd gen worth the additional cost? Right now I'm looking at getting the Gen 1 at the cheaper price, but is it worth it? Thanks for any and all advice! :)

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    If you want a lower 1/3rd cowitness you would have to buy a 20 dollar ring making your price 149. Still not bad. Im shocked PSA still has Gen 1's most vendors have been out of them for awhile. At a 90 dollar (normal) price difference I would say go with the gen 1. At a 50 dollar price difference I would say its a toss up.

draftyranger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Shelbyville IN
    If you want a lower 1/3rd cowitness you would have to buy a 20 dollar ring making your price 149. Still not bad. Im shocked PSA still has Gen 1's most vendors have been out of them for awhile. At a 90 dollar (normal) price difference I would say go with the gen 1. At a 50 dollar price difference I would say its a toss up.

Do you sell the cowitness mounts also? If so, I'd prolly buy the Strikefire 2 and the 1/3 cowitness mount and save $30. Everyone else online is selling the Strikefire 2 with the 1/3 cowitness cantilever mount for $179.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Do you sell the cowitness mounts also? If so, I'd prolly buy the Strikefire 2 and the 1/3 cowitness mount and save $30. Everyone else online is selling the Strikefire 2 with the 1/3 cowitness cantilever mount for $179.

I can sell you the low mount version, and I also sell the lower 1/3rd mounts seperatly, so you will end up with a spare mount. Just give me a call at 765-580-0986.

Top Bottom